Presentation Night

NickD

20 minutes ago, NickD said:

Damn!!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

PLEASE NOTE :  Revised Date

Our Annual Presentation Night will now take place on Sunday 27th August at FLAIR Stadium.

This year’s end of season awards night will take place in the Royal Suite after our final game of the season away at Doncaster RLFC, starting at 19:30.

For those heading to Doncaster on the Amber Ribbon Supporters’ Coach this will now be stopping at FLAIR Stadium on the return journey.

Entry to the event is free and we hope to see as many of you down there as possible to celebrate what has been a fantastic season for the lads!

That's better!

This makes a lot of sense and a welcome change by the club.

Mrs Johnny is very pleased by this decision by the way.

Edited by Blind side johnny

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, NickD said:

Ooooh.  Change of date. Maybe Finny will be at Fax by 1st September 😉😉

Grix will still be in charge for the rest of the Championship season, which lasts longer than ours.

HTH

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Grix will still be in charge for the rest of the Championship season, which lasts longer than ours.

HTH

Doesn’t mean Liam won’t have announced his imminent departure🤔

5 minutes ago, NickD said:

Doesn’t mean Liam won’t have announced his imminent departure🤔

He won't be at Fax by 1st September.
Check your post.   😛

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, horbury ram said:

PLEASE NOTE :  Revised Date

Our Annual Presentation Night will now take place on Sunday 27th August at FLAIR Stadium.

This year’s end of season awards night will take place in the Royal Suite after our final game of the season away at Doncaster RLFC, starting at 19:30.

For those heading to Doncaster on the Amber Ribbon Supporters’ Coach this will now be stopping at FLAIR Stadium on the return journey.

Entry to the event is free and we hope to see as many of you down there as possible to celebrate what has been a fantastic season for the lads!

I’ll put the change down to the club noticing that BSJ and I would not have made it had it been on the original date. 

People Power (2 of us!) wins again!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

9 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

He won't be at Fax by 1st September.
Check your post.   😛

Doesn't mean he won't have announced his departure......

1 hour ago, NickD said:

🤔🤔🤣🤣

He won't be there by 1st September.

😛😛

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

Homemade chilli….going all fancy in the new era are we? Would you like croutons with that?

Whatever happened to good old potato pie?

Love potato pie but it’s damn near impossible to get this side of the Pennines.     Booth’s in Ilkley do an excellent “butter” pie but that’s the nearest place I’ve seen it. 

15 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

Always had potato pie on bonfire night with red cabbage.

And then if you were feeling flush….steak and cowheel pie….with gravy to die for.

Now its vol au vents or pasta. I blame Jamie Oliver and them down south.

Pie and peas for folk around here, followed by Yorkshire Parkin, but it’s nowhere near Bonfire Night, so what brought this on?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Anita Bath said:

Always had potato pie on bonfire night with red cabbage.

And then if you were feeling flush….steak and cowheel pie….with gravy to die for.

Now its vol au vents or pasta. I blame Jamie Oliver and them down south.

Where can you buy cow heel these days. Used to love it when I was a kid. A stall on Morley market used to sell them wrapped up in newspaper. 

We'd take it home  cut it up and eat it  lathered In vinegar while my Gran was getting the dinner ready. 

Slobber.

9 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Attended and really enjoyed the night. Great group of players with a genuine togetherness. I await the next chapter with bated breath.

Indeed.  All the awards thoroughly deserved, just a shame a few more couldn’t be handed out.  All the lads deserved it in many ways. 
was great to see so many at yesterdays game.   Def more Rams fans than Donny.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NickD said:

Indeed.  All the awards thoroughly deserved, just a shame a few more couldn’t be handed out.  All the lads deserved it in many ways. 
was great to see so many at yesterdays game.   Def more Rams fans than Donny.  

Yep never really liked the concept of an awards night. Think about it. As a coach you ask a group to play as a team etc and then at the end of the season it becomes individualistic. Happens at both junior and senior level. If I was a coach I would be radical. There would be an end of season gathering but no individual awards. We would be as one throughout. Some sentimental awards handed out last night!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Yep never really liked the concept of an awards night. Think about it. As a coach you ask a group to play as a team etc and then at the end of the season it becomes individualistic. Happens at both junior and senior level. If I was a coach I would be radical. There would be an end of season gathering but no individual awards. We would be as one throughout. Some sentimental awards handed out last night!

An interesting take on it, and it's hard to doubt the logic. 

Would you at least condone a vote for a player's player of the year?