EXPECTATIONS?

The scrim reaper

What a difference a week makes! last week the boys and linners were everybody's hereos taking the club to its biggest event in its history! Playing the way we've played all season now some are saying its not good enough, I counted at least 5 players bandaged up on Sunday and there's been illness in the camp so maybe it wasn't the best week for us! We don't know what goes on behind closed doors at the mount, it's alright people saying linners should do this or that, we don't know what options linners has every week but I'm sure he goes with what he thinks  is the best one! It's late in the season and we have had a bit of a slump for what ever reason, but so have other teams fax, sheff for instance! We are still in the top 6 which we all would have been happy with at this stage of the season! I think some supporters expectations have gotten a bit high, yes we've had success over the last few years but it's not that long ago we would have just been happy to stay in the championship, we are still in the chase for a top 6 finish, so why all the negativity? For God's sake have a bit of faith and show some support for linners and the boys! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, The scrim reaper said:

What a difference a week makes! last week the boys and linners were everybody's hereos taking the club to biggest event in its history! Playing the way we've played all season now some are saying its not good enough, I counted at least 5 players bandaged up on Sunday and there's been illness in the camp so maybe it wasn't the best week for us! We don't know what goes on behind closed doors at the mount, it's alright people saying linners should do this or that, we don't know what options linners has every week but I'm sure he goes with what he thinks  is the best one! It's late in the season and we have had a bit of a slump for what ever reason, but so have other teams fax, sheff for instance! We are still in the top 6 which we all would have been happy with at this stage of the season! I think some supporters expectations have gotten a bit high, yes we've had success over the last few years but it's not that long ago we would have just been happy to stay in the championship, we are still in the chase for a top 6 finish, so why all the negativity? For God's sake have a bit of faith and show some support for linners and the boys! 

totally agree we go again on Friday

• Like 1

As you say,  success breeds higher expectations. Sports fans in general are a fickle bunch,  when you're winning, everything is great, when you're losing, the world's about to end, it's nothing exclusive to Batley. 

I'm of the belief we will turn it around,  but if we don't,  then so be it, but if others have different opinions and want to air their thoughts, then there is nothing wrong with that either. Just passionate fans trying to understand where we are going wrong at this current moment in time, and their views on what's needed to put it right. 

• Like 2

I agree we are in a slump right now. Not ideal but we are where we are. The lads have performed great again this season, some might say overperformed! I remember certain parties stating that we would struggle this season after losing LH and TG. Well guess what, we're right in the mix at the top end of the table and I am 100% certain that we will make the play-offs, maybe not as high placed as we would have hoped but nevertheless still there. Who would have thought that at the front of the season after our heavy defeat at Sheffield. Lets put that right on Fri night and get back to winning ways. Lads just need some confidence and the win will give them - and us - that.

Edited by BullyXL
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I felt protective over him too. Its ok bagging him commentary wise but majority of big money seniors would of rated 3/10 4/10.

Any leeds loss is a welcome one far less whino merchandise sauntering round heavy woolen for next week or so till they win again

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

One thought; why shouldn't we have high expectation? Since 2010 we've probably had a 2 to 1 seasonal success rate, NR Cup win, GF v Eagles, 3rd place into Middle 8's, play-offs twice, GF semi-final, GF Final, Wembley final. Why should we carry on in wonderment at our 'luck'? If we don't rebuild and come hard at it again then more than myself will ask why not.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, phildog said:

One thought; why shouldn't we have high expectation? Since 2010 we've probably had a 2 to 1 seasonal success rate, NR Cup win, GF v Eagles, 3rd place into Middle 8's, play-offs twice, GF semi-final, GF Final, Wembley final. Why should we carry on in wonderment at our 'luck'? If we don't rebuild and come hard at it again then more than myself will ask why not.

It's one thing having the expectations and another thing having the financial clout.

• Like 3