Well said Shaun Wane

Get over to America and pull together those clubs, associations, governing bodies and select the very best players they have.

They are the best bet for a credible Northern hemisphere International team in the short to mid-term, but not as they are currently. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Get over to America and pull together those clubs, associations, governing bodies and select the very best players they have.

They are the best bet for a credible Northern hemisphere International team in the short to mid-term, but not as they are currently. 

Short term though? Doesn't the Jamaican team (with only domestic players) beat them lately? I thought they recently lost to Canada. I'd say that even if the governance issues were solved quickly, they still have a bit of catching up to do on the field and that would be longer term.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, stookie said:

Short term though? Doesn't the Jamaican team (with only domestic players) beat them lately? I thought they recently lost to Canada. I'd say that even if the governance issues were solved quickly, they still have a bit of catching up to do on the field and that would be longer term.

I don't know, that's my honest answer.

I make that recommendation for a number of reasons. 1. There are quite a few clubs/participants already, to chose from. So if we selected the very best of them, they might just put up a good show now. 2. Helping them overcome their internal strife, will shorten the timescale to them selecting a really competitive NH International team. 3. There are more athletes of suitable stature there than anywhere else in the world. 4. There is more money there than anywhere else in the world. 5. Establishing the game in America, would (I believe) deliver a bigger (and faster) return on investment than anywhere else in the world.

I hope that these aims are on Peter Vlandis' list of goals for their Las Vegas enterprise. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jacksy said:

Not clicking a link to that paper.

You’re not missing much. Shaun basically says we need to get Scotland, Ireland and Wales on a faster-track to progression so England aren’t too geographically detached from high quality opponents. 

As per usual, there’s no details of plans to sort this. Merely a comment. 

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

You’re not missing much. Shaun basically says we need to get Scotland, Ireland and Wales on a faster-track to progression so England aren’t too geographically detached from high quality opponents. 

As per usual, there’s no details of plans to sort this. Merely a comment. 

Its a forlorn hope.

A wish, a pipe dream, a prayer.

He has no idea, how to make it happen.

Our only real hope (I'll say it again) is that the amateur administrators grasp the nettle and put ''development'' on the agenda, of every meeting they organise.

Appoint the most able, eager and willing person/people to work out how to draw more people into the game.

Yes, they'll make mistakes, yes they'll fail (in the short term) but with each effort/attempt they'll learn and improve and eventually succeed.

One thing I know for certain is that unless we decide to do it, it's not going to happen.

• Like 1