Langtree gone.

Clarkey

1 hour ago, Clarkey said:

So he's now signed for widnes, can't understand if he was on contract why let him go to sign for another team? 

"Work commitments" is one of several methods players can deploy to get released from a contract.

Might be true, but wouldn't stop someone signing for a club nearer home. Once again, that two hour travel time to and from Barrow up and down the M6 comes back to bite us. 

Cuts both ways though. Didn't we sign Bulman after he got released by Haven after "falling out of love with the game" ? 

Just a thought but maybe it's time for the RFL to look at player registrations done via these back door methods? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dave W said:

"Work commitments" is one of several methods players can deploy to get released from a contract.

Might be true, but wouldn't stop someone signing for a club nearer home. Once again, that two hour travel time to and from Barrow up and down the M6 comes back to bite us. 

Cuts both ways though. Didn't we sign Bulman after he got released by Haven after "falling out of love with the game" ? 

Just a thought but maybe it's time for the RFL to look at player registrations done via these back door methods? 

I know I shook my head at that excuse as well. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Clarkey said:

I know I shook my head at that excuse as well. 

My own take on this is that clubs should retain the registration of a released player for the remainder of the contract. 

If a club wants to sign them thereafter, there'd have to be some sort of compensation paid, even if it's peanuts. 

• Like 6

On 11/11/2023 at 12:36, Dave W said:

My own take on this is that clubs should retain the registration of a released player for the remainder of the contract. 

If a club wants to sign them thereafter, there'd have to be some sort of compensation paid, even if it's peanuts. 

To be honest i don't blame Langers, he's probably getting as much if not more money and not travelling up and down the M6 and A590 3 times a week. It is part of the strengths and weaknesses of living where we do. Good luck to the lad, he always gave his best and he'll be missed. 

Edited by RawlinsonRaider
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RawlinsonRaider said:

To be honest i don't blame Langers, he's probably getting as much if not more money and not travelling up and down the M5 and A590 3 times a week. It is part of the strengths and weaknesses of living where we do. Good luck to the lad, he always gave his best and he'll be missed. 

Yup, it's a long-drive from Cornwall to Barrow and back on the M5 3x per week for practice. 😉

Edited by 2Cents
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RawlinsonRaider said:

To be honest i don't blame Langers, he's probably getting as much if not more money and not travelling up and down the M5 and A590 3 times a week. It is part of the strengths and weaknesses of living where we do. Good luck to the lad, he always gave his best and he'll be missed. 

He's been a very good player in his time but, tbh, he's been out injured a lot for the two seasons he was with us so perhaps it's for the best. 

Edited by Dave W