Rene Higuita and RL

rlno1

Watching the Netflix documentary on former Colombian goalkeeper Rene Higuita and low and behold some footage of him from the 1990s and he is getting around in a Great Briatin Lions Rugby League track/shell suit with the old XIII logo on the sleeve and the big Lion on the back.

Just thought I'd share for those interested in RL spotted in strange places.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, rlno1 said:

Watching the Netflix documentary on former Colombian goalkeeper Rene Higuita and low and behold some footage of him from the 1990s and he is getting around in a Great Briatin Lions Rugby League track/shell suit with the old XIII logo on the sleeve and the big Lion on the back.

Just thought I'd share for those interested in RL spotted in strange places.

The scorpion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

On the subject of RL in strange places, I saw this today. Would be interesting to follow this up 🤔Screenshot_20231112_100520_Instagram.jpg.a3a06335c9b1adfff6fd3c2c6cfd1933.jpg

The likelihood is that, given the location and date, that will have almost 100% certainly have been a Rugby Union competition. The use of "league", as in "division" or "competition", is still something that blights internet searches to this day.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

...The use of "league", as in "division" or "competition", is still something that blights internet searches to this day.

Absolutely, in fact I think it probably blights internet searches more now than it did in 1944! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3