2024 Fixtures

Fevrover

1 hour ago, Gooleboy said:

I see that Halifax have got two League 1 clubs.

That's true G but  Oldham have put together a squad of very good championship players with some old heads and young guns from SL including one of our own mates Logan Astley so don't think Fax will have it their own way

3 minutes ago, POR said:

That's true G but  Oldham have put together a squad of very good championship players with some old heads and young guns from SL including one of our own mates Logan Astley so don't think Fax will have it their own way

Fair comment.

Rovers will welcome Championship new boys Wakefield Trinity for the 2024 Home Opener in a Good Friday blockbuster! 

SO  reading between the lines we have two  away games  to start the season on the 17th and 24th

57 minutes ago, POR said:

Rovers will welcome Championship new boys Wakefield Trinity for the 2024 Home Opener in a Good Friday blockbuster! 

SO  reading between the lines we have two  away games  to start the season on the 17th and 24th

Possibly not, as the weekend of the 24th is earmarked for Challenge Cup round 6. That's the first round that SL clubs enter the comp. If I have understood the way the CC works, there will be 4 Championship (or L1/amateur) clubs left in by that stage. So I'm not sure if the Championship will stage games that weekend with the likelihood of 4 teams still being involved in the Cup.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Possibly not, as the weekend of the 24th is earmarked for Challenge Cup round 6. That's the first round that SL clubs enter the comp. If I have understood the way the CC works, there will be 4 Championship (or L1/amateur) clubs left in by that stage. So I'm not sure if theChampionship will stage games that weeknd with the likelihood of 4 teams still being involved in the Cup.

Cheers PH so we away in the league on 17th  AND 

C%$ at home in the cup on the 24th :kolobok_laugh1::kolobok_laugh1::kolobok_laugh1::kolobok_laugh1::kolobok_laugh1::kolobok_laugh1:

One thing I've noticed about the fixture list is that it will make a real difference in the early weeks whether we get a good run in the Cups or not.

Scenario 1. We lose at Batley in the 1895 Cup and get a tough draw in the Challenge Cup and go straight out. That means we play FOUR matches in the first NINE weeks of the season. 

Scenario 2. We beat Batley, get on a good Cup run. We'll play EIGHT of the first NINE weeks.

After that, it settles down. In the remaining 28 weeks we have 25 league games, plus theoretically CCQF, 1895 SF and 1895 Final.

Depending on cup runs and playoffs we could have anything between 29 and 38 fixtures in 2024.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

One thing I've noticed about the fixture list is that it will make a real difference in the early weeks whether we get a good run in the Cups or not.

Scenario 1. We lose at Batley in the 1895 Cup and get a tough draw in the Challenge Cup and go straight out. That means we play FOUR matches in the first NINE weeks of the season. 

Scenario 2. We beat Batley, get on a good Cup run. We'll play EIGHT of the first NINE weeks.

After that, it settles down. In the remaining 28 weeks we have 25 league games, plus theoretically CCQF, 1895 SF and 1895 Final.

Depending on cup runs and playoffs we could have anything between 29 and 38 fixtures in 2024.

Haven't we got to beat Hunslet as well as Batley?