Introducing Castleford Bulldogs

Batley Bob

Anyone hear Radio Leeds' reviews pre SL? Interviewing each local SL coach and Lingard saying at the end of his that nobody was going anywhere anytime soon, long or short term! That's us told. Our DR turns translates into Don't Rush....

38 minutes ago, phildog said:

Anyone hear Radio Leeds' reviews pre SL? Interviewing each local SL coach and Lingard saying at the end of his that nobody was going anywhere anytime soon, long or short term! That's us told. Our DR turns translates into Don't Rush....

I jokingly asked him on boxing day if he was sending us any players and he said that no one had asked for any. I don't think we really need to be taking any at the moment either.  Better off giving all these young guys plenty of game time.

• Like 1

Don't disagree Linners, but what I really was getting at is that Cas announce a DR with us but could then in 6 or 8 weeks start looking to let some lads go altogether or go on loan and despite the 'agreement' could then be sending players anywhere else than here.

I would of thought let's see what works first Phil. Some lads relish a challenge where as if they've been in set position with a limited style since u8's may struggle to complete a coach request

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

4 hours ago, phildog said:

Don't disagree Linners, but what I really was getting at is that Cas announce a DR with us but could then in 6 or 8 weeks start looking to let some lads go altogether or go on loan and despite the 'agreement' could then be sending players anywhere else than here.

What use would DR be with five weeks to go before the season begins?

Nothing stops you getting loans form any club, short or long term; DR is, in theory, quite different.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Why would we need DR? Until we have some injuries I'd not bother!

• Like 3

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: