Clubs printing programmes in 2024

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Rochdale Hornets are producing a commerative programme..celebrating the life of former Chairman Peter Rush...for the game against Hunslet on 24th March.

Thanks for the gen. Ticket purchased. 🙂

By coincidence, the last time I saw Hornets at Spotland, in August 2021, was a League 1 game against Hunslet, who landed a penalty, from near the touchline, after the hooter had sounded, to secure a 34-34 draw. Absolute belter of a match. Remains the highest scoring draw I've witnessed in rugby league since my first game in 1975.

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Midlands Hurricanes have confirmed their third programme (£3) of the season, for tomorrow's visit of Newcastle Thunder. Assume this is produced by Curtis Sport, one of the club's sponsors:

Edited by Hopping Mad

Posted (edited)
On 22/03/2024 at 16:44, Athleticgrounds said:

Rochdale Hornets are producing a commerative programme..celebrating the life of former Chairman Peter Rush...for the game against Hunslet on 24th March.

I was told, this afternoon, by one of the women in Spotland Stadium's reception, Hornets might consider issuing programmes regularly again, if sales of this 'one-off' - a 32-pager, £3 - were good.

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, clifford said:

Was it a good publication at hornets 

It is. The Peter Rush tribute section aside, it doesn't give the impression of being a one-off. I guess elements of a template are now in place if they decide on further issues.

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Very good, 33-page programme, platformed by calameo.com, from the NCL's Woolston Rovers. This is their issue for a 23/3 fixture with Division One rivals Hull Dockers. Downloadable, for free, from Rovers' socials. Unfortunately, it is digital only.

Edited by Hopping Mad

12 hours ago, clifford said:

Was it a good publication at hornets 

I've sent you a private message Clifford, regarding the programmes you wanted from me but I'm not sure if you got it as I am useless with technology! I will let you have the ones you want but need to arrange to meet?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Don't know if mentioned but Bulls should have a digital programme available.

Thanks Mumby Magic, for the info but a digital copy is the same as none at all to me!I drove over to Bradford a few years back to watch a rare Saturday afternoon game against North Wales Crusaders. They told me at the gate that there was no programme, so I got back in my car and drove to Dudley Hill instead. I got a programme there! I have 29 Dudley Hill programmes and 94 Bradford Northern/Bulls programmes back to 1965 but looking to off load them now. I don't love Rugby League like I used to.

Posted (edited)
On 26/03/2024 at 12:45, Mumby Magic said:

Don't know if mentioned but Bulls should have a digital programme available.

Nothing about a programme (of any description) in the club website ‘gameday guide’ for the Good Friday derby with Halifax.

https://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/2409/gameday-guide-|-bradford-bulls-vs-halifax-panthers

Edited by Hopping Mad

2 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Nothing about a programme (of any description) in the club website ‘gameday guide’ for the Good Friday derby with Halifax.

https://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/2409/gameday-guide-|-bradford-bulls-vs-halifax-panthers

Ah OK. They did let year and was an assumption tbh. The way we are now getting our act together I just assumed they would.

• Like 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Posted (edited)
On 28/03/2024 at 09:25, Mumby Magic said:

Ah OK. They did let year and was an assumption tbh. The way we are now getting our act together I just assumed they would.

They did!

What Bradford describe as the first of their 2024 digital programmes - a 26-pager for the Good Friday derby with Halifax. Free to download from the club's socials.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/2848a2ca-05d3-44fb-94a6-bbee1d6a53ab

Edited by Hopping Mad

Posted (edited)

Thornhill Trojans issued a 16-page printed programme (£2) for this afternoon's (6/4) NCL fixture at Overthorpe Park with Division Two rivals Oldham St Annes. Regular issue.

Edited by Hopping Mad

19 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Nothing at the NCL's Leigh East this season. Apparently, they can't find a volunteer to act as programme editor.

I've got a few from last season and there was next to nothing in them. Shame because I have 67 Leigh East programmes going back to 1989 and it used to be a great effort. Looks like nobody is interested anymore Hopping Mad. I'm offering my collection of around 9,000 free and I'm having trouble finding people who want them? Several have made enquiries but not turned up for them. Hopefully, I have somebody coming today for all my Oldham St. Annes, Saddleworth Rangers, Blackpool Galdiators and Trafford Borough programmes. A box full. I've managed to help a few ex players (Rochdale Hornets, Swinton & Salford) or their families with old programmes with their names in. I gave Malc Alker's family all my Salford programmes with him on the front, or articles about him inside. They were so pleased it made the effort worth  while. I had one guy ask me if I had a Salford programme on a near his Dad's birthday (27/01/63) and I looked too! That was the worst winter and Salford didn't play from 15/12/62 until 02/03/63.

Posted (edited)

Yorkshire League fourth tier club Bramley Buffaloes have a printed programme this season. Reliable issuers, in the years since re-forming, as an amateur operation.

To my surprise, Midlands Hurricanes will have their usual 'The Eye of the Storm' programme (£3) on sale at Sunday's 'home' game, with Hunslet, in Sheffield.

I'm told York Knights now offer only 100 printed programmes (£3) on Championship matchdays. Down from 300 last season. Useless digital programmes available also (I would hope they're free).

Edited by Hopping Mad

20 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Yorkshire League fourth tier club Bramley Buffaloes have a printed programme this season. Reliable issuers, in the years since re-forming, as an amateur operation.

Turned out today (13/4) to be a 28-pager for £2. Every good effort.

Posted (edited)

To collate what I think we know, as of 27/4 (any help filling the blanks and/or corrections appreciated):

Super League/Challenge Cup

Printed programme: Leeds (48pp, £4, 250 for sale on matchday, £75 season subscription and £4+P&P individual match copies through Ignition Sports Media), Leigh (68pp, £3.50, individual match copies through MatchDayCreative), Warrington (32pp, £70 season subscription and £3+P&P individual match copies through Ignition Sports Media), Wigan (76pp, £4, individual match copies through MatchDayCreative).

Digital programme: Leeds (48pp, free, available only to 2024 club members), Leigh (through MatchDayCreative), London (scan a barcode at the stadium), St Helens ('Saints and Proud', free to download via zeeon.co.uk), Warrington (32pp, free), Wigan (76pp, £3, PDF, through MatchDayCreative).

Printed magazine: Castleford ('Roar', £2, monthly, in-season only).

Printed teamsheet: Salford (available from the stadium's main reception).

Nothing: Huddersfield, Hull FC, Hull KR.

To be confirmed: Catalans.

Championship/1895 Cup/Challenge Cup

Printed programme: Barrow (£2), Sheffield (£3), Swinton (£3), York (40pp, £3, Championship games only, with a 100-copy print run).

Digital programme: Bradford (26pp, free to download, from the club's socials), York (Championship and 1895 Cup, free to download, via QR codes at the stadium).

Printed teamsheet: Bradford (free, available from the stadium bars), Dewsbury (free, from the club office), Doncaster (free, available, from 2pm, in the stadium restaurant and on the concourse), Featherstone (free).

Nothing: Batley (possibly a printed teamsheet available), Halifax, Wakefield, Widnes.

To be confirmed: Toulouse, Whitehaven.

League One/1895 Cup/Challenge Cup

Printed programme: Midlands ('The Eye of the Storm', £3, free with a 2024 Storm Card).

Printed magazine: North Wales ('The Crusader', £2, monthly, available from the stadium fanzone).

Printed teamsheet: Hunslet (free), Keighley (free, available from the club shop), Rochdale (available only in 'hospitality').

Digital magazine: Keighley ('Pride', monthly, 26pp, free), North Wales ('The Crusader', £2, monthly).

Nothing: Cornwall, Newcastle, Oldham, Workington.

Note: for the 17/3 League One game with Cornwall, Keighley printed 40 copies of their monthly magazine (a digital version was offered also), but they were available only in 'hospitality'. It seems printed copies of 'Pride' can be reserved, for non-'hospitality' attendees, by emailing the club.

Note: for the 24/3 League One game with Hunslet, Rochdale Hornets issued a one-off printed programme (32pp, £3) in memory of their late player, director and chairman, Peter Rush.

World Club Challenge @ Wigan

Printed programme: £8 (copies through MatchDayCreative).

Pre-Season Friendlies

Printed programme: Leeds (32pp, £3, copies through Ignition Sports Media).

Printed teamsheet: Bradford (free, available from club shop and tea bars), Doncaster (free, available, from 2pm, in stadium restaurant and on the concourse), Featherstone (free).

Testimonials

Printed programme: James Donaldson, Leeds v Hull KR, 4/2/24 (32pp, £3, through Ignition Sports Media).

Printed brochure: Scott Taylor, Hull FC (£5).

Amateurs

Challenge Cup

Printed programme: Clock Face (24pp, £1), Doncaster Toll Bar (8pp, £3, w/a), Fryston (4pp, £1), Leigh MR (£3, w/a), Lock Lane (8pp, 50p), Lowca (4pp, £3, w/a), Orrell St James (8pp, £1), Royal Air Force (4pp, free).

Printed teamsheet: Stanningley (£4, w/a), Thatto Heath (free, colour).

Digital programme: Royal Navy (7pp, free), Thatto Heath (16pp, free).

National Conference League 

Printed programme: Clock Face (24pp, £1), Dewsbury Celtic, Dewsbury Moor (24pp, £2.50, w/a), Distington (8pp, £3, w/a), Egremont (12pp, £3, w/a), Ellenborough (£3, w/a), Hensingham (£3, w/a), Heworth (£1), Hunslet (26pp, £2), Leigh Miners (£3, w/a), Lock Lane (8pp, 50p), Millom, Pilkington (£3, w/a), Seaton (£3, w/a), Skirlaugh, Stanningley (£1), Thornhill (16pp, £2), Wath Brow (£4, w/a), York Acorn (12pp, £3, w/a).

Digital programme: Egremont (free to download, post-match, from the club's socials), Hunslet (available, free, via the club's socials, usually the day before the game), Normanton (20pp, free to download, from the club's socials), Oulton (39pp, free to download, from the club's socials), Thatto Heath (16pp, free to download, from the club's socials), West Bowling (9pp, downloadable, free, via the club's socials or from QR codes at the Horsfall Stadium turnstiles or in the clubhouse), Woolston (33pp, free to download, from the club's socials).

Nothing: Barrow Island, Bentley, Beverley, Crosfields, Drighlington, East Leeds, Featherstone Lions, Hull Dockers, Kells, Leigh East, Milford, Myton, Oldham SA, Shaw Cross, Siddal, Wigan St Judes.

To be confirmed: Ince, Rochdale Mayfield, Saddleworth, Waterhead, West Hull, Wigan St Patricks.

Note: a printed programme was issued, at Boundary Park, Oldham, for the 30/3 final of the Standard Cup.

Regional Leagues

Printed programme: Bramley (28pp, £2), Lowca (4pp).

Women

Super League

Digital programme: York (free to download, via QR codes, at the stadium).

To be confirmed: Barrow, Featherstone, Huddersfield, Leeds, St Helens, Warrington, Wigan.

Edited by Hopping Mad