Super League plus - questions

5 minutes ago, M j M said:

Is there any indication of what SL+ will offer fans outside UK/ROI/France, if anything?

International* subscribers get all 167 matches live, according to the press release. More than UK subscribers get, due to the TV broadcast games only being streamed on catch-up.

*apart from Australia, NZ and USA under current TV contract conditions

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

International* subscribers get all 167 matches live, according to the press release. More than UK subscribers get, due to the TV broadcast games only being streamed on catch-up.

I would like to think this is where there is a real opportunity. 

20 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Now TV, SuperLeague+ and WatchNRL will all be funnelling a fair percentage of your money to that Murdoch series of octothorps.

Does Murdoch still own Sky? i thought he sold up a few years back.

1 minute ago, Trinity1873 said:

Does Murdoch still own Sky? i thought he sold up a few years back.

Sky is owned by Comcast now.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Sky is owned by Comcast now.

So if Worzel wants to keep his money out of Rupert Murdoch's pockets, he should... go for the full Sky TV package?

Oh dear.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

So if Worzel wants to keep his money out of Rupert Murdoch's pockets, he should... go for the full Sky TV package?

I am afraid so.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

so after round 15 will i have to pay for the new sky streaming thingy and if i do can i cancel my sky sports package?

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

5 minutes ago, my missus said:

so after round 15 will i have to pay for the new sky streaming thingy and if i do can i cancel my sky sports package?

Nothing confirmed yet, but it is believed that Sky Sports Streaming will be included in the sports subscription at no extra cost.

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

This is the first time I've seen anything that states NZ is among the countries excluded - other posts I've seen have only mentioned Australia, Canada and the USA - has this information been update somewhere?

1 minute ago, Yorkskiwi said:

This is the first time I've seen anything that states NZ is among the countries excluded - other posts I've seen have only mentioned Australia, Canada and the USA - has this information been update somewhere?

Ah, I may have misremembered, and lumped NZ in with Australia, as with WatchNRL/Fox TV.

This needs confirmation.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Ah, I may have misremembered, and lumped NZ in with Australia, as with WatchNRL/Fox TV.

This needs confirmation.

Thanks - I asked the SL+ support team the same question by email and got an almost immediate response (very impressed) that it is only the USA, Canada and Australia where SL+ isn't available - which is a relief! I gave up on SkyTV in New Zealand a long time ago so for me at least SL+ is a godsend. This is the response I received 

The service is available worldwide except in the following territories: 

Australia
Canada 
USA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1