Duel Registration NCL

12 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

Why do you think it will not work?

If you can only sign players who signed from your community club up here not many teams in West Cumbria have players who signed, Those who have players playing for Haven or Town are main players for them so wouldn’t be offered up

to play

But as I understand it this is aimed at the fringe players so those at Town or Haven who may only get one or two games each season. I would have thought this type of player would have been signed from a local community club and ideal to get match time.  I thought it was from club of origin to strat with but if not possible the player could go to another club. 

21 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

But as I understand it this is aimed at the fringe players so those at Town or Haven who may only get one or two games each season. I would have thought this type of player would have been signed from a local community club and ideal to get match time.  I thought it was from club of origin to strat with but if not possible the player could go to another club. 

And dis-hearten the lads who turn up week in week out when those on dual-reg are only there for a game or two a season? 

Sorry not for me. Will be used by those who prefer to have a quick win rather than those who aim to develop and progress over time.

Add to that it can only be players in their first year of contract.

Edited by Neutralfan7

40 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

And dis-hearten the lads who turn up week in week out when those on dual-reg are only there for a game or two a season? 

Sorry not for me. Will be used by those who prefer to have a quick win rather than those who aim to develop and progress over time.

Add to that it can only be players in their first year of contract.

I get that but this happens already. Fui fui moi played one game for Millom last season. Dean Rooney came back from Aus at the end of last season and played one or two games so a player who likely played most of the season missed out. There are probably many other examples.  Not sure what you mean about players in the first year of their contract?

3 hours ago, Impartial Observer said:

I get that but this happens already. Fui fui moi played one game for Millom last season. Dean Rooney came back from Aus at the end of last season and played one or two games so a player who likely played most of the season missed out. There are probably many other examples.  Not sure what you mean about players in the first year of their contract?

Dean Rooney isn't a semi - pro so not sure how that's valid in this scenario?

I'm lead to believe you can only DR with a community Club if it's your first year as a semi-pro player?

19 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I'm lead to believe you can only DR with a community Club if it's your first year as a semi-pro player?

Cumbria League does or did have the same arrangement as when Jake Bradley signed for Haven was able to play for Hensingham Cumbria League side.

Well it’s a trail just have to see how it goes I suppose 

30 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

My point about Dean Rooney was that he was away all season in Aus, came back and played one or two games so someone who has played in his position all season misses out.  I didnt see anything about a first year contract pro in the wording though I may have missed it. There was something about a reserve player who has not played 5 first team game, part time players in champs and L1 and academy players, 

15 minutes ago, Cumbria1 said:

Cumbria League does or did have the same arrangement as when Jake Bradley signed for Haven was able to play for Hensingham Cumbria League side.

Well it’s a trail just have to see how it goes I suppose 

Yes it is a trial, there will be plusses and minus. I am not sure this DR is aimed at the likes of Jake as I think he was a regular at town last season. It is more the 24th & 25th players in the squad it would help. 

22 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

CARLA have a system whereby you can dual reg in your first season but theres nothing in the NCL dual registation about this. The potential upside is when a pro club signs a player and gives them little game time they can still be getting games, every pro club has players they have no real plans for and if this stops the game losing players then that is something. The downside is the issues around accomodating players who are made available but I believe it wont be used much as the vast majority of the NCL teams will stick with the lads who are committed to the club, training and playing. 

I guess were going to find out

Edited by gillmeister

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

8 hours ago, gillmeister said:

CARLA have a system whereby you can dual reg in your first season but theres nothing in the NCL dual registation about this. The potential upside is when a pro club signs a player and gives them little game time they can still be getting games, every pro club has players they have no real plans for and if this stops the game losing players then that is something. The downside is the issues around accomodating players who are made available but I believe it wont be used much as the vast majority of the NCL teams will stick with the lads who are committed to the club, training and playing. 

I guess were going to find out

Happy to be proved wrong on this one then, thanks for clearing it up. A new fear is it could just be used for players to regain fitness after an injury... Only time will tell I'm sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2024 at 21:44, topcentre21 said:

Now the season is afew weeks underway, is there any idea of the number of dual reg players playing for NCL clubs?

As of tuesday evening 17 players across all  4 Divisions are taking advantage of the dual registration system. This compares to just 3 in NWM League and 2 in YM League last year.

• Thanks 1

On 05/04/2024 at 08:58, Hopping Mad said:

I thought this duel reg was for players who sign recently and not getting a game, One these players played for Keighley for 11 years, And I take it both players signed from West Bowling as well 

12 hours ago, Cumbria1 said:

I thought this duel reg was for players who sign recently and not getting a game, One these players played for Keighley for 11 years, And I take it both players signed from West Bowling as well 

This change is for lads who want to play and for whatever reason cannot get a run out.

I really do not care which was there heritage club but hope that they would want to go back there first before seeking  a game within TGG.

As for that Keighley  guy , big high fives from me . Far better than trodding the all too familiar route of going to local Ra Ra.......

9 hours ago, del capo said:

This change is for lads who want to play and for whatever reason cannot get a run out.

I really do not care which was there heritage club but hope that they would want to go back there first before seeking  a game within TGG.

As for that Keighley  guy , big high fives from me . Far better than trodding the all too familiar route of going to local Ra Ra.......

The rule states ***In the first instance, a Player may only be Community Game Dual Registered to his Club of Origin (being the last Community Club that the Player has previously played for).  The RFL will check and confirm this***
So if both players signed from Z club then that’s fine in that but you can’t be signing players up who have not come from that club 

On 07/04/2024 at 12:50, billybison said:

Our club were offered our former player back on dual reg,but only for our NCL team and he would not be allowed to turn out for our YML team our coaching staff turned down the offer.

And that is why the rule is framed as it is ' in the first instance '. 

That player is now available  to any other club that feels he can be of use to them.

8 hours ago, del capo said:

And that is why the rule is framed as it is ' in the first instance '. 

That player is now available  to any other club that feels he can be of use to them.

They wouldn’t be able to play for any other club though, Player can only return to the NCL for there community club 

11 hours ago, Cumbria1 said:

They wouldn’t be able to play for any other club though, Player can only return to the NCL for there community club 

Yes they can. The rule provides only for a 'first call' for the heritage club on that player. If they chose not to use him the club cannot  then block his use by any other.

See Appendix 4B - 9 , 10 and 11 of the NCL competition rules as well as the registration form itself.

The NCL committee wrote that rule  with input from the RFL who have  now rolled it out nationally and  I have no doubt that that is how it will be interpreted