THE NEW SEASON

Good luck to all the teams in the new season. Looking forward to yet another great contest. The premier division will yet again be a very close contest with the usual teams fighting for the honours. I just hope that the new tackle rules do not spoil matches with yellow and red cards.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Just a word of advice. NEVER rely on your information being available on the BBC web site. I dont think they know that the NCL even exists.

Some very close games in the opening week. Why were two game in the Pemier Division not played ?

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

9 hours ago, Big Doug said:

Just a word of advice. NEVER rely on your information being available on the BBC web site. I dont think they know that the NCL even exists.

Some very close games in the opening week. Why were two game in the Pemier Division not played ?

Got told Heworth v Kells was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

22 hours ago, Big Doug said:

The BBC website knows the top three divisions of the NCL exist. Bizarrely, once again, however, the BBC is choosing to omit Division Three (i.e. tier four) results, fixtures and table. I complain about this every year, and the response is always the same: "We don't have sufficient room to carry everything." Plenty of space for obscure Welsh rugby union, mind. Why cover only three of four tiers of the amateur game's flagship competition?

Incidentally, all stats on the BBC website are provided by its third party data provider, the Howden-based sports section of PA [Press Association] Media.

The Heworth-Kells postponement, because of waterlogging, was announced on Friday. Why it wasn't down as P-P on the BBC website fixtures, only PA knows. I could tell you stories about PA paying peanuts in its sports data section and, inevitably, employing monkeys. But I'd better not.

Edited by Hopping Mad

On 04/03/2024 at 10:23, Hopping Mad said:

The BBC website knows the top three divisions of the NCL exist. Bizarrely, once again, however, the BBC is choosing to omit Division Three (i.e. tier four) results, fixtures and table. I complain about this every year, and the response is always the same: "We don't have sufficient room to carry everything." Plenty of space for obscure Welsh rugby union, mind. Why cover only three of four tiers of the amateur game's flagship competition?

Incidentally, all stats on the BBC website are provided by its third party data provider, the Howden-based sports section of PA [Press Association] Media.

The Heworth-Kells postponement, because of waterlogging, was announced on Friday. Why it wasn't down as P-P on the BBC website fixtures, only PA knows. I could tell you stories about PA paying peanuts in its sports data section and, inevitably, employing monkeys. But I'd better not.

Stock BBC reply (to my complaint about the continuing absence of NCL Division Three stats):

Thank you for getting in touch about the BBC Sport website.

We're grateful to you for making use of our services and we are sorry to learn of your disappointment.

We recognise that our audiences want us to cover every event in a particular sport. Unfortunately, we don’t have the resources. Therefore, we focus our resources on covering the main events and leagues.

As a public funded organisation we need to make sure we get the best value on what we spend. Therefore, some events across the sporting spectrum will receive less coverage than others.

We very much value your feedback. Complaints are sent to senior management, and we’ve included your points in our overnight reports. These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC. This ensures that your concerns have been seen by the right people quickly, and helps to inform decisions about current and future content.

Edited by Hopping Mad

surely if the bbc are publishing ncl details they should cover all the league ( premier, 1,2 & 3). its like saying re football showing premier, championship & league 1 but ignoring league 2! or showing national league but ignoring national north & south! if covering a competition, cover it all.

On 08/03/2024 at 23:08, kev p said:

surely if the bbc are publishing ncl details they should cover all the league ( premier, 1,2 & 3). its like saying re football showing premier, championship & league 1 but ignoring league 2! or showing national league but ignoring national north & south! if covering a competition, cover it all.

I couldn't agree more. I've made the point to the BBC on several occasions. I'm sure the NCL press officer has too.