Preview

• Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Here's hoping you have all girded your loins and plenty of winter green on.

Good luck for the coming season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, NickD said:

14th eh?    How many teams in the Championship?

Oh!

• Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

So, having seen some of the Championship teams in action on TV and judging by results and recruitment, how will the table pan out this season?

Promotion by winning the Final won't be on offer this year but pride will drive some teams on. Relegation still hasn't finally been clarified but it looks like the status quo will apply with any changes taking place following the 2025 season so we should assume that the bottom two will go down. DR or loans might play a part again this year but with increased time our for HIA cases SL clubs will be wanting plenty of back up so maybe not so many players will be available as some clubs hope.

I will stick my neck out and predict:

1. Wakefield

2. Toulouse

3. Bradford

4. Featherstone

5. Sheffield

6. Halifax

7. Batley

8. York

9. Barrow

10. Widnes

11. Swinton

12. Doncaster

13. Dewsbury

14. Whitehaven

I'd be shocked if York are 8th. I do agree that it'll be very close from 4th down to 8th/9th and in season recruitment/injuries/duel reg will play a big part.

Wakey

Toulouse

Fev

York

Bradford

Sheffield

Fax

Batley

Widnes

Swinton

Donny

Barrow

Haven

Dewsbury (sorry!)

Edited by Indigogo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

So, having seen some of the Championship teams in action on TV and judging by results and recruitment, how will the table pan out this season?

Promotion by winning the Final won't be on offer this year but pride will drive some teams on. Relegation still hasn't finally been clarified but it looks like the status quo will apply with any changes taking place following the 2025 season so we should assume that the bottom two will go down. DR or loans might play a part again this year but with increased time our for HIA cases SL clubs will be wanting plenty of back up so maybe not so many players will be available as some clubs hope.

I will stick my neck out and predict:

1. Wakefield

2. Toulouse

3. Bradford

4. Featherstone

5. Sheffield

6. Halifax

7. Batley

8. York

9. Barrow

10. Widnes

11. Swinton

12. Doncaster

13. Dewsbury

14. Whitehaven

Don't think you'll be far off there BSJ, but surely Donny to finish higher after their spending splurge?

I think some clubs might not make it to the finish line financially, there is a long way to go, and they are spending quite considerable amounts on wages.

People can say what they want about Mark, but he has kept the club afloat and put his hand in his pocket when needed. Not sure some of the other club owners will do the same.

This season is going to be difficult for a lot of clubs including ours.

• Like 3

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

For what it’s worth, her is my prediction:

1 Wakefield 

2 Toulouse

3 Sheffield 

4 Featherstone 

5 Bradford 

6 York

7 Halifax

8 Batley

9 Swinton

10 Widnes

11 Doncaster 

12 Barrow

13 Dewsbury 

14 Whitehaven 

Legs, Dews, Legs.