The NRL Round 3 Match Thread

2 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

The Titans are cack! Not for the crowds, but for their continued pitiful performances.

Lets see if the bulldogs and tigers avoid missing out on the “attendance boom” this weekend. Two more teams who are “cack”.

25 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

Lets see if the bulldogs and tigers avoid missing out on the “attendance boom” this weekend. Two more teams who are “cack”.

Indeed they are. I put my attendance predictions here. What do you think?

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/388148-2024-attendance-thread/&do=findComment&comment=5157021

A clinical demolition of the Bronx tonight in front of an announced attendance of 20 089 (I should add Australia was playing Lebanon in Soccer World cup qualifier tonight as well).

Four tries in the first half and a head collision that was put on report that did for Reece Walsh, ended the game ads a contest. The Bronx did have a spell around the 32 minute mark and failed to convert.

They scored a couple of tries in garbage timev after going 34-2 down to add a veneer of respectability to the scoreline.

Hard to think that a couple of weeks ago the media had discounted Penrith after being nilled on Melbourne...

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

z3ENbTQ.jpeg

Preview

New Zealand Warriors came close to being two from two … but actually find themselves without a win in the NRL so far this season.
They will aim to get off the mark as they host an undefeated Canberra Raiders side that will hold no fear here having performed well in the opening two rounds. This game against Warriors is likely to be their biggest test to date and the home side will have a real point to prove.

Warriors to win then … … … ?.

This forum’s match tipsters:

Warriors to win 11

Raiders to win 2

Edited by Graham

Crisis of tipster confidence, having tipped Souffs for tonight Jason Demitriouhas benched Damien Cook who is the beating heart of that mob in the same way that Liam Farrell is for Wigan🤨

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

8AzN5Sv.jpeg

Preview:

Sydney Roosters and South Sydney Rabbitohs will renew their rivalry and the former will be looking to inflict more pain onto their opponents.
Souths have lost both of their games this season and have been underwhelming in the process.

The Roosters went down to Manly Sea Eagles last week but will hope to bounce back here and make it three consecutive victories against their rivals.

Roosters to win  11

Bunnies 2 …one of whom has a crisis in confidence over the tip 😀 see above………

Edited by Graham

11 hours ago, Graham said:

z3ENbTQ.jpeg

Preview

New Zealand Warriors came close to being from two … but actually find themselves without a win in the NRL so far this season.
They will aim to get off the mark as they host an undefeated Canberra Raiders side that will hold no fear here having performed well in the opening two rounds. This game against Warriors is likely to be their biggest test to date and the home side will have a real point to prove.

Warriors to win then … … … ?.

Warriors to win 11

Raiders to win 2

Nice round up. It’s been a great last 10 minutes from when I started watching. Just as Roger Turned Sheet got run over as it happens. I speak in jest. I expect RTS to smash it in the centres before long.

either team to win this. I want Warriors to beat the bejeezus out of them for our visit down south to the Raiders next week. 

Go the Wahs!

The Warriors have clinched their first win of the season after beating the Raiders 18-10 in Christchurch following two controversial Bunker decisions that denied the visitors. 

Canberra were on top between the 20th and 60th minutes, with the Warriors largely kept in the game in that period by the officials who contentiously disallowed a pair Canberra tries. 

So far…

Score Summary

D. Young 4, S. Walker 15, S. Walker 29, J. Manu 42, C. Watson 61, J. Manu 66 Tries J. Host 50
S. Walker 6, S. Walker 17, S. Walker 30, S. Walker 44, J. Suaalii 62, J. Suaalii 67 Conversions L. Mitchell 51
  Sin Bin L. Mitchell 65