Reviving the RL Development Fund

8 hours ago, langpark said:

Ok, so it seems there is interest is there.  Which is great to see!  So I suppose the main question now is how do we get it started and under what 'banner'?  TRL perhaps?  Euro Rugby League could be another option?  Like how a lot of Super League clubs have a foundation of their own, perhaps this could be something like an ERL foundation of sorts?  I am just brainstorming, happy to hear other suggestions.

TRL Forum would be good, after all that’s what we are. 

Well it's sounding positive! It would definitely be good to set out the targets we wish to achieve,  creating a template of what could be carried forward and how we grow the investment group .

I'm over in the UK in a few weeks around the chester area but I'm happy to meet anywhere across the 62 corridor,  maybe at league express hq in Brighouse or the St George Hotel!!! 🤔 if either of those venues exist?

Ok, let's get this moving then.  I see there are quite a few willing to be donors, which is great.  For those two would like to help me actually set it up and help run it, please DM me and we can take it from there.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/03/2024 at 23:49, Goole91 said:

Does this suggest it's restricted to donating to European teams only though? 

Will it be classed as a charity of some sort?

It won't be a charity unless it's registered as a charity.

Which is suddenly a whole new ball game ........

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

2 hours ago, langpark said:

I tried reaching out to Mr Drake who runs this forum, but no response. Does anyone have a contact at RL Planet perhaps?

Rich Cowley is the man at RLP who helped run the RLDF previously.