Keep safe up there!

Forecasts showing that Rochdale will be affected by very strong winds over this weekend.  
Our opponents in Workington on Sunday are particularly affected from today, through Saturday and all of Sunday with up to 55mph winds and some rain.

Time to batten down the hatches.  Take care.

Your handling was terrible. Apart from a couple of tries from slick passing you didn't threaten that much. I expected your big pack to give us a hard time but on the whole we coped with them well. I believe you've got loanees in the halves which is maybe why you were a bit disjointed . 

This season is now about getting into the playoffs and peaking then with hopefully our first 17 on the field. People moaning at the directors and coach are misguided. There would be no Hornets if not for them and the coach has nothing to prove and they must be as disappointed as us. The players have to look at themselves and if they can’t put the effort in because the main players are missing then leave. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Your handling was terrible. Apart from a couple of tries from slick passing you didn't threaten that much. I expected your big pack to give us a hard time but on the whole we coped with them well. I believe you've got loanees in the halves which is maybe why you were a bit disjointed . 

Yes the entire spine of the side is missing, fullback, both halves, both hookers as well as others. Not just key positions but all our experience in McNally, Ridyard, Else, Roden/ Wilkinson. Clearly bringing in two loans a few days before the game is needs must rather than choice for our coach.

I thought your guys handled the conditions better and deserved the win. We was poor on the day but with anywhere near a full side at home would be optimistic we can reverse that result as with the greatest of respect you didn't look anything special.

2 hours ago, Excolt 1 said:

This season is now about getting into the playoffs and peaking then with hopefully our first 17 on the field. People moaning at the directors and coach are misguided. There would be no Hornets if not for them and the coach has nothing to prove and they must be as disappointed as us. The players have to look at themselves and if they can’t put the effort in because the main players are missing then leave. 

Spot on, I think some people have very short memories.

2 hours ago, HornyHornyHorneeet said:

Yes the entire spine of the side is missing, fullback, both halves, both hookers as well as others. Not just key positions but all our experience in McNally, Ridyard, Else, Roden/ Wilkinson. Clearly bringing in two loans a few days before the game is needs must rather than choice for our coach.

I thought your guys handled the conditions better and deserved the win. We was poor on the day but with anywhere near a full side at home would be optimistic we can reverse that result as with the greatest of respect you didn't look anything special.

We're not anything special but our style of play is better than I've seen in years and hopefully two overseas players arriving in a few weeks time,I'd have to be hopeful of a top 4 finish. I wouldn't have said that for 60 minutes of last week's game though !

• Like 1

Workington handled the conditions far better than we did. Hornets were shocking at times, unable to hang on to the ball, nothing to do with coaching, just basic errors. Two tries in the last 3 minutes made the score respectable. When we do move the ball we have some cohesion and really do look a decent side.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

We're not anything special but our style of play is better than I've seen in years and hopefully two overseas players arriving in a few weeks time,I'd have to be hopeful of a top 4 finish. I wouldn't have said that for 60 minutes of last week's game though !

On what I've seen so far id say its Oldham and Keighley 1 & 2 by some distance and budgets reflect that.

Id then say Workington 3rd with hopefully us right in the mix with Hunslet, Midlands and North Wales.

We will need bodies back, better luck with injuries and will need to be better than we was for much of Sundays game with ball in hand though.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Edited by HornyHornyHorneeet
  • Like 1

Oldham could be nearer to three digits, home against Cornwall on Sunday!   

Hopefully, our key absentees are returning soon and a settled squad to meet the usual schedule...reminder -

After our Newcastle home game, it's Crusaders away to prepare for home games versus Keighley, Cornwall and Workington, before 5 away fixtures until we return 21 July!

Our last game is Keighley - at the Crown. 

• Like 1