The NRL Round 6 Thread

5 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Now Jye Gray off HIA for Souths after Tatola and Munro both ruled out with non-HIA injuries.

Thought the ref was right no time to pull out but that would be at least a sin bin in SL and probably a few games ban. 

Cameron Murray fails HIA. All these injuries might be an excuse to keep the coach in place for now.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I like the look of Jye Gray, but as long as Mitchell wants to be a FB, Gray won't get many chances in first grade.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Turgess went on a vintage rampage to help set that try up.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well that's probably sealed it, as Mulitalo sets Wilton up again.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Turgess try!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Well that's probably sealed it

Ahem. Someone hasn't been reading the script.

22:28

Ralph Waldo Emerson

22:32 with less than 2 minutes left.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Right, now to watch the first game of today on catch-up.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Right, now to watch the first game of today on catch-up.

Wow!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Wow!

To me the Manly/NZ game just seemed faster than the other 2 games. One example was the total run metres: 3500 in the NZ game, only 2500 in the Parra game. Completed sets in NZ 76, in Parra game only 47. The extra 10 minutes doesn't explain those differences, there was just a lot more happening.

15 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Was that a disruptor penalty to NZers? How can it be a penalty when the disruptor got to the ball first?

These “disruptor” decisions are probably the most open for referees to interpret on the fly at the moment. 

Jesse Ramien who is a notorious disruptor was penalised for “jumping early”, yet he jumped later than the South Sydney player. I actually thought that attempt was one of his more legitimate attempts to actually catch the ball.

5 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

These “disruptor” decisions are probably the most open for referees to interpret on the fly at the moment. 

Jesse Ramien who is a notorious disruptor was penalised for “jumping early”, yet he jumped later than the South Sydney player. I actually thought that attempt was one of his more legitimate attempts to actually catch the ball.

Even if someone is purely a disruptor with no attempt to catch the ball, how is that different from being a dummy runner? They are both legitimate tactics to confuse the opposition and should be treated the same - no contact, no penalty. Tie this in with the increase in short dropouts and, unless you have a high likelihood of catching the ball it may be better to not even compete for it. So what's the point of the short dropout if there's a disincentive to compete for the ball?

It's another solution to a problem that didn't exist.

• Like 1