The NRL Round 8 Thread

Three tries in a row for the Cowboys, and this game is very much back on!

NQL 20:24 PEN

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wow! Tough game.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

SUNDAY, APRIL 28

Dolphins vs. Newcastle Knights, 2pm @ Suncorp Stadium

Dolphins team: 1. Trai Fuller 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Jake Averillo 4. Tesi Niu 5. Jack Bostock 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Isaiya Katoa 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Mark Nicholls 11. Kenny Bromwich 12. Euan Aitken 13. Max Plath

14. Josh Kerr 15. Kurt Donoghoe 16. Ray Stone 17. Oryn Keeley

18. Mason Teague 22. Connelly Lemuelu

Late Mail: Kurt Donoghoe (suspension) returns and will start on the bench. Last week’s impressive Dolphins debutant Oryn Keeley retains his spot

Knights team: 1. David Armstrong 2. Greg Marzhew 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Enari Tuala 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Jackson Hastings 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Leo Thompson 11. Dylan Lucas 12. Kai Pearce-Paul 13. Adam Elliott

14. Phoenix Crossland 15. Daniel Saifiti 16. Jed Cartwright 17. Brodie Jones

19. Thomas Cant 22. Krystian Mapapalangi

Late Mail: Dane Gagai (calf) is expected to play. David Armstrong has been named for his NRL debut in place of Kalyn Ponga.

23min: Kenny Bromwich, making a tackle, cops a bicep/shoulder to the face/head/jaw

HIA, doubt if he'll be back

25min: Orryn Keeley gets first NRL try. Armadillo made that try with a burst of speed to beat Best and 40m run then pass inside to Keeley

Isaako goal

Dolphins  6 - 10

Knights probably should be further in front. They had 56% of the ball, completed at 100%, more run metres, more post-contact metres, double the kick return metres.

48min: Gamble try off a Phoenix Crosswind run and tackle break. Too easy really

Gagai goal

Knights  16 - 6

57min: Dolphins butcher a try, travel 50m, pass through several hands, then drop the ball with line open.

60min: Armadillo blows a try. Drops it in the in-goal. It was a bit difficult to take but not brain surgery

Knights have had 2 sets starting on the 10m line - a successful challenge then an Isaako knock on - and haven't come close to scoring.