Hardaker to Hull FC

8 minutes ago, binosh said:

From what I’m told, Leigh are trying to get the average age of the squad down and as I’d said on a previous post we paid “overs” on 2 year deals for some of these players when we gambled on promotion to attract them to she club, they have done the job they were brought to the club to do and unexpectedly won the Challenge Cup, the players over 30 have generally been offered 1 year extensions on reduced terms, apart from Asiata (2 years) Charnley, OBrien, and Hughes have all extended I believe with Hanley, Dwyer, Macintosh, Norman, Trout, Halton, Mulhern, ODonnell, Lam, Ipape, Davis and Moylan all 2 years + amongst some fringe players, Baxter, Brogan, Brand, Derbyshire Nisbett etc

Our new reserves are doing really well in their first season back and we should know by the end of May if the RfL have granted our Elite Academy Licence so we can start to bring some local talent through as a Grade A club. The women are also top Of their league

We have a big chunk of salary cap available and 3 quota spaces, 4 if Leutele doesn’t extend so things aren’t too bad at the minute with many of the players leaving generally expected to do so. Hopefully this rebuilding will help us kick on.

I guess that uncertainty of Super League status will make replacing Asiata and Amone even more difficult than it already is 

I’ll always be grateful to Zak purely on his contribution towards us winning the Challenge Cup after making all 5 tackles that led to Hull KR only reaching the half way line, and resulting in the winning drop goal from the next set by Leigh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1