The NRL Round 12 Thread

This round has a lot of games that are close to call and complicated further by State of Origin calls

Canterbury Bulldogs v St George-Illawarra

The Dogs let me down last week and while I still think they will come good in the last half of the season. St George-Illawarra are more than capable of winning this off the bye week so I am surprised at the bookies odds for this. It's a full strength Dragons outfit so.. - Red V Rampant ?

North Queensland Cowboys v West Tigers

Someone ought to tell Shane Richardson that trying to offload many of your players in public does not aid team morale. Kyle Feldt is a chance to com,e back for the Cows in Tropical Townsville who may get on a roll - Queensland Bank Stadium Now Payten's Place ? - those of a certain age will get it..😉

Manly Sea Eagles v Melbourne Storm

A Storm side lacking Papenhuyzen and Munster should perhaps not be so heavily favoured in this game, as the Silvertails have their half-back pairing intact, Jason Saab and Reuben Garrick who makes the conversions, The Storm have Jahrome Hughes back and I am always loathe to tip against trhe master coach in Craig Bellamy. - Storm hits Notherrn Beaches.

Canberra Raiders v Sydney Roosters

Again I struggle with the odds on this, Canberra at Home with the peoples coach in situ against a Roosters side that have again demonstrated that they do not cut it against the really good sides. Not that Ricky's rested Raiders are that good a side but they are at home - Capital Crunchtime for Chooks

Cronulla Sharks v Penrith Panthers - SKY

How will the Sharkies cope with being the favourites against the threepeat champion Penny Panthers without Nathan Cleary. Up until the penaltysailed wide from Dylan Edwards I thought the Penny Panthers would take the game against an underpowered Warriors to golden point. Panthers losing two on the bounce, unthinkable not so long ago but Sharkies run has to end some time. The game of the round could well end up as the golden point game of the round

South Sydney v Paramatta Eels

Souths are going to win a game and this one against a Trent Barrett coached Parra side without Clint Gutherson and Mitchell Moses is a great chance to turn things around for the Bunnies. At least that's the message Latrell and Cody sould be giving out in their team talk... - Bunnies Bounce Back

Brisbane Broncos v Gold Coast Titans

More straightfordward here for the Bronx, Reece Walsh and Billy Walters back against a Gold Coast team that lost AJ Brimson and Kieran Foran (Though named in the 22) just at the wrong time when building momentum. - No Bucking the Broncos.

New Zealand Warriors v Dolphins  - SKY

A dead heat according to the bookies, and should be an absolute treat betwewen two sides who play free wheeling Islander football. SDtill at lot out for the Wahs including Shaun Johnson and the Fins at full strength. It's always hard to tell with the Dolphins but  - Fiuns make splash across the ditch.

Good luck with your tips.

• Like 1

"I picked these lads thinking they were ready and clearly some of them are not. I'm not blaming the players"

Paul Farbrace - Sussex CCC and ex-england coach engaging in Wordspeak....

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

1 hour ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Any changes to tips now that AFB had been stood down by the Warriors, Taylan May by the NRL and Koula being out for Manly?

No but thanks for pointing out AFB stand down. I have as a result adjusted my team.

GWdErp0.jpeg 
Only in Rugby League!
The Australian Rugby League Forum

2 minutes ago, Graham said:

Bird in agony off the field. He crawled off.

Just seen the replay of the incident and it looked very painful.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson