Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Morley Enjoying His Retirement Home!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:37 PM

Still early days but on the Wire performance tonight Morley appears to have joined a 'retirement' home. Wire were dire. Well done the Quins on a great defensive effort. Also was the crowd of 7800 down from last year. The fans that turned up were certainly venting their anger towards the Wire players.

With two games against the Saints to come it is game on to recover.

#2 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:07 PM

It was good to see the Quins go the distance tonight.
As suggested a tremendous effort defence wise, and a thoroughly deserved victory.
Even more pleasing considering those missing tonight.

#3 Middle England

Middle England
  • Coach
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:44 PM

Not the best of nights to be at the HJ . Drunken idiots everywhere amongst a sparse crowd who had obviously been sat in the boozer watching the FA Cup all afternoon. Serious questions must now be asked finally both about the playing side at the club and also the overall set-up( zero promotion of this game anywhere in the town).
Rumour going round about Cullen getting some sort of job at Sale RU for next season ( backs coach perhaps) , have to say their welcome to him ...

#4 Tonka

Tonka
  • Coach
  • 683 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE(Middle England @ May 19 2007, 11:44 PM) View Post
Not the best of nights to be at the HJ . Drunken idiots everywhere amongst a sparse crowd who had obviously been sat in the boozer watching the FA Cup all afternoon. Serious questions must now be asked finally both about the playing side at the club and also the overall set-up( zero promotion of this game anywhere in the town).
Rumour going round about Cullen getting some sort of job at Sale RU for next season ( backs coach perhaps) , have to say their welcome to him ...

Perhaps they should just give up now if nobody can be arsed.

#5 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE(Middle England @ May 19 2007, 11:44 PM) View Post

During Cullen's time at the club the Wire have certainly been a mixed bag. They did have problems last night due to a great defence with little imagination to break it down. The new stadium has attracted an increase in support but ultimately it is on the playing field that counts on maintaining interest.

Now is the time for Cullen to motivate his players with a desire to go the extra mile. The next few weeks will tell whether they can hack it.

#6 NEIL FOX IS GOD

NEIL FOX IS GOD
  • Coach
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:22 AM

its bad enough being a Wakey fan. untill Wire got a new ground both clubs were so much alike years of decline and poor to average gates. but now over the last 3 - 4 seasons with a full salary cap spend they should be doing so much better. time for a change of coach and a huge clear out come the end of the season.
Posted Image

#7 alcabiades

alcabiades
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:24 AM

There were 343 more people at this years match compared to last year, according to my records. Bit of a shocker for the wires fans though.

#8 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE(alcabiades @ May 20 2007, 08:24 AM) View Post
There were 343 more people at this years match compared to last year, according to my records. Bit of a shocker for the wires fans though.

I wonder what Morley thinks given that he has had more downs than ups since signing?

#9 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE(Saint Billinge @ May 20 2007, 06:28 PM) View Post
I wonder what Morley thinks given that he has had more downs than ups since signing?

As long as the large pay cheque drops on the mat every month I'll bet he doesn't give a sh!t. He's only sorting out his pension.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#10 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(Ed I Tackle @ May 20 2007, 06:39 PM) View Post
As long as the large pay cheque drops on the mat every month I'll bet he doesn't give a sh!t. He's only sorting out his pension.

One bad signing in my opinion.

#11 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE(Bitofaboogie @ May 20 2007, 06:42 PM) View Post

He certainly needs to get some decent games in to prove his worth as his better days have gone.

#12 Brian St Helens

Brian St Helens
  • Coach
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE(Saint Billinge @ May 20 2007, 07:06 PM) View Post
He certainly needs to get some decent games in to prove his worth as his better days have gone.

Dont worry he's got 3 years to get it right rolleyes.gif
Posted Image

#13 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE(Saint Billinge @ May 20 2007, 07:06 PM) View Post

He has other uses - He's already told Monaghan were all the boozers are in Warrington, so he'll fit in when he arrives!
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#14 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Ed I Tackle @ May 20 2007, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Bitofaboogie @ May 20 2007, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Saint Billinge @ May 20 2007, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Brian St Helens @ May 20 2007, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont worry he's got 3 years to get it right rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Roy Boy @ May 21 2007, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He has other uses - He's already told Monaghan were all the boozers are in Warrington, so he'll fit in when he arrives!

can't beat a bit of expert analysis. biggrin.gif wink.gif
foxes or poor people?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users