Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Bulls v Hull FC

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Bradford Bulls v Hull FC (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Bradford (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Hull (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

Squad v Bradford

Berrigan, Briscoe, Burnett, Calderwood, Cusack, Dowes, Fitzgibbon, Hall, Houghton, Kent, Lauaki, Manu, Radford, Tansey, Tickle, Turner, Washbrook, Whiting, Yeaman

Hmm, I'm a little more optimistic. If only Super League games were played on paper...

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#22 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,526 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Jun 30 2010, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
....with the resulting tirade of expletives ending a very brief commentating career....

Mick will be fine, or is that fined 's for swearing on the radio. tongue.gif

#23 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jun 30 2010, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahh what's the point?! dry.gif

Hull FC win.

It's a bit odd where neither set of fans are predicting a win for their team!

Well I'm not going to buck the trend.

Bradford's losing streak will come to an end sometime. Today looks like a good opportunity for them.

On that optimistic note I'm off to get the train. I'll no doubt see one or two of you there.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#24 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,002 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

I'm off to this one. My little girl is part of the cheerleaders today so I suppose I'll have to cut back on the foul mouthed chanting today! cool.gif

Bulls win for me.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#25 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

looked like a 0-0 draw until a loose pass to Tom Briscoe was made into summat good by him. 0-6 to Hull. Hull lose ball from kick off, Nero scores. 6.6.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#26 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

jordan tansey is a popular scores here as he strolls through the Bulls defence. 6-10.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#27 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

tickle strolls through and converts, 6-16. Kirk yeaman plucks an intercept from 30 yards out. 6-22.

#28 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:05 PM

kearney and nero tries. 16-22.

#29 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:21 PM

22-22.

Hull FC can only play half an hour every game before once again crumbling into nothingness.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#30 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

tansey fields a bomb under his posts and runs 90 metres before passing to craig hall. 22-28.

#31 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

bulls 22 hull 28. Game over.

#32 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (Mistress_Marlowe @ Jul 4 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
22-22.

Hull FC can only play half an hour every game before once again crumbling into nothingness.

You should frame that quote, MM! Looks like they found another 15minutes from somewhere. biggrin.gif

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#33 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,949 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

laugh.gif

Get in - love it!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#34 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,002 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:01 PM

Bulls not good enough but still could have won the game. Was great to come back to 22 all, it certainly shut the fat obnoxious Hull fan up sat behind me.

McNamara should go now and let us get a side together for next season.

#35 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:17 PM

5 penalties on the bounce for the Bulls certainly changed the momentum of the game in the 2nd half. The match winner was certainly something special. If Tansey can cutout the errors then England wouldn't need to go to Aus for a fullback. Tom Briscoe once again put great 80 in defence and attack.

#36 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,002 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

Briscoe did have a good game. Ricky Sherrife didn't.

I don't like to single players out but Platt was dropped for a while....what's stopping RS being dropped? Incriminating photos?

#37 Stan Doffarf

Stan Doffarf
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

Yet again Bradford found a way to lose a game they should have won comfortably against a very ordinary Hull. Pathetic in the first half, they actually played well for twenty minutes after the break and, having got level, should have closed out the game and won by a couple of scores.

The points were tossed away by the now usual catalogue of schoolboy errors and moronic decisions in the last quarter. The result hinged on the complete absence (other than Kearney) of a chase after the kick which Tansey ran back through the thirty yard wide gap in the defence. A reasonable chase would have seen Hull pinned on their own line again.

Once Hull were back in front the usual implosion took place. I can't see us winning another game with this team and its collective IQ of about zero.
And when they found our shadows
Grouped around the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
This species has amused itself to death
No tears to cry no feelings left

#38 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,002 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Stan Doffarf @ Jul 4 2010, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once Hull were back in front the usual implosion took place. I can't see us winning another game with this team and its collective IQ of about zero.

I know what you mean but the young lads are definitely a bright spot. I was at a loss as to why Addy was taken off?

#39 Stan Doffarf

Stan Doffarf
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

As has been said before, it's not the young lads who keep making the idiotic mistakes, it's the likes of Paul Sykes. That man will never make a stand off as long as he's got an orifice in his rear end.
And when they found our shadows
Grouped around the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
No tears to cry no feelings left

#40 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

Is a let's all laugh at bradford thread in order? Fnaaarrr, fnaaarrr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users