49 replies to this topic

#41 Northern Exposure

Northern Exposure
  • Coach
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Jul 1 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
See you in October.

PS, Nice to see that Leeds are giving their great set of youngsters a real chance.

I mean, you really have to applaud the re-signing of such young players as Senior, Buderus and Donald.

It's great future planning, and shows the relative strength of Leeds youth set-up. No, really, it does, honestly.

rolleyes.gif

I dont care who's in the squad. If they're winning trophies, thats the killer eh?

Wigan can have 17 NRL players for all i care, if you win f-all, that the mega FAIL.

Don't you worry about Leeds - you'd be better off getting Wigan's house in order.

Almost relegated, salary capo breaches and chocka with NRL reserve graders - it reads like an RL rap sheet.

Posted Image

#42 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Northern Exposure @ Jul 1 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Big deal.

They get shipped off to other clubs anyway, are replaced by NRL players and you've won f-all worth talking about since 1998.

12 rubbish years.

Go figure.

Still some way to go before Wigan get any near Leeds "rubbish years" record though mate.

What was it? 75 years of compete and utter sh!te?

#43 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Northern Exposure @ Jul 1 2010, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont care who's in the squad. If they're winning trophies, thats the killer eh?

Wigan can have 17 NRL players for all i care, if you win f-all, that the mega FAIL.

Don't you worry about Leeds - you'd be better off getting Wigan's house in order.

Almost relegated, salary capo breaches and chocka with NRL reserve graders - it reads like an RL rap sheet.

If you don't care who is in the squad, why do you waste so much effort papping on about the make up of Wigan's squad then?

I was going to say that it doesn't make sense, but then again that would be stating the obvious when it comes to your posts.

#44 Northern Exposure

Northern Exposure
  • Coach
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Jul 1 2010, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you don't care who is in the squad, why do you waste so much effort papping on about the make up of Wigan's squad then?

I was going to say that it doesn't make sense, but then again that would be stating the obvious when it comes to your posts.

Because, despite your best efforts, you've won jack for the last 11 years
Posted Image

#45 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (Northern Exposure @ Jul 1 2010, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because, despite your best efforts, you've won jack for the last 11 years

That doesn't make any sense either.

I'm sure it would in a different conversation, but not this one.

Anyhow, thanks for trying, I know how difficult it is for you.

Have a nice day.

#46 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:40 PM

I know this is ancient news, but having caught up on some old Wigan Evening Post clippings, there may be something in this. Hoffman could come on a short contract, to give Tuson and Farrell another year before they play every week, and tide us over until Hock returns. We see Mossop as a prop, which makes a bit of sense if he bulks up a bit. Quinn would replace Carmont. Having read about him, he sounds like a decent player, and a step up.
It looks like we will bidding adieu to Feca, Phelps, Bailey, Piggy and Carmont of our overseas players, so if we just have the 2 coming in, that's a move in the right direction. Given that Pat does more than his bit for the home nations playing for Ireland, I have decided not to count him as any more of an overseas player than the Grix boys. On that basis we may have Amos, Quinn, Leuluai and Hoffman as overseas players next year, which is about right.

#47 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 9 2010, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know this is ancient news, but having caught up on some old Wigan Evening Post clippings, there may be something in this. Hoffman could come on a short contract, to give Tuson and Farrell another year before they play every week, and tide us over until Hock returns. We see Mossop as a prop, which makes a bit of sense if he bulks up a bit. Quinn would replace Carmont. Having read about him, he sounds like a decent player, and a step up.
It looks like we will bidding adieu to Feca, Phelps, Bailey, Piggy and Carmont of our overseas players, so if we just have the 2 coming in, that's a move in the right direction. Given that Pat does more than his bit for the home nations playing for Ireland, I have decided not to count him as any more of an overseas player than
the Grix boys. On that basis we may have Amos, Quinn, Leuluai and Hoffman as overseas players next year, which is about right.

english accent

richards an aussie accent

thanks for making me smile EW. tongue.gif tongue.gif

#48 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

Given that Pat does more than his bit for the home nations playing for Ireland, I have decided not to count him as any more of an overseas player than the Grix boys.
For convenience! rolleyes.gif wink.gif He's Australian. I can't remember when the quota was adjusted, would he come off quota soon anyway after being Wigan (and only Wigan) a while?
On that basis we may have Amos, Quinn, Leuluai and Hoffman as overseas players next year, which is about right.
On that basis...so far. Me thinks your lot will have as many quota players as you're allowed.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#49 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jun 30 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.smh.com.a...00630-zmtg.html

Fatty Riddell is returning to the NRL. But his slot and others should be left opern for English players.

The only imports whom Wigan should be aiming to retain are Pat Richards, Amos Roberts, and George Carmont.

The rest are rubbish. English lads deserve a chance to play in the big league.

Why dodn't you go away, eat some cheese and surrender to someone?

#50 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Northern Exposure @ Jul 1 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Big deal.

They get shipped off to other clubs anyway, are replaced by NRL players and you've won f-all worth talking about since 1998.

12 rubbish years.

Go figure.

And remind us all of how many of those twelve years have been anything but rubbish for the w@nkos?

Don't bother looking any further back.

One thing that has been totally consistent throughout all of those twelve years has been that you have been a cretin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users