Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Which R.L club has biggest crowds per capita ?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,229 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (Trojan @ Jul 22 2010, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you call geographically? Geographically, Ledston, Ledsham, Kippax, Allerton Bywater, and Methley are very adjacent to Cas. Some almost within walking distance of Cas town centre, but politically they are in Leeds. Standish is in Wigan, Coppull is in Lancashire. Does Copull count as Wigan's area?

Oh just forget it Geof. I can't be @rsed with yer. rolleyes.gif

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#42 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,202 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Jul 23 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh just forget it Geof. I can't be @rsed with yer. rolleyes.gif

I'm sorry to seem thick Dave but I don't understand what you mean.
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#43 Usera

Usera
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (ehbandit @ Jul 22 2010, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
people moan about the size of crowds nowadays, but rugby league crowds in 80/81 look very bad!

That's true, but whilst the top tier Super League crowds have more or less doubled, the crowds lower down the ladder seem to be worse.

I know that was a record year for second division crowds (Fulham's first year, Wigan having been relegated), but still only three clubs were averaging less than a thousand. Attendances at the smaller clubs really nose-dived just after that and never seemed to recover.

The difference in average attendance between the divisions is much higher these days.