Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

More Bulls rumours.......

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:25 PM

Taken from a "man in the know"

"Just heard that we have signed Chev Walker.
Glenn Hall is leaving the club he is off to Casleford.
Steve Menzies is going back to aus after the club have not opffered a new playing contract... just coaching.
Fielden is in negotiations with both clubs as is aspinwall.
Andrew Ryan would be a good signing. He is a n 80 min workhorse in the mould of Danny Gartner
The quota goers down to 4 players this year.
Dont forget. Scutton could be going back to leeds yet."

Hell no to Chev Walker, Bye to Glen Hall, Fools if they let Menzies go, I would take Aspinwall and Fielden, Andrew Ryan possibly, Scruton to Leeds - hell no.

Rumours normally circulate and some are bizarre but if we sign someone like Chev Walker to me its a similar - signing an average at best player - when we have youngsters who can fill that role. Ala Shriffe and Worrincy signings.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#2 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

fielden, pryce, feka, andrew ryan would be good for the bulls pack.. albeit not great.. ryan is better than glen hall.. id rather scrutton than feka to be honest.. chev walker would be a bad signing, with the current injury he's recovering from that makes him an even worse signing!

menzies not being offered a playing deal might be more down to fitting under the salary cap.

IF true.. of course..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#3 bradfittler

bradfittler
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:30 PM

Gday folks, Beaver is coming home to Brookvale. He will be in charge of the juniors.

I do belive that Brett Kimorley is in talks about a 1 year deal to replace Orford who could sign with Newcastle.
However. This is subject to Bradford agreeing a deal with Kimmorley.

Andrew Ryan has been offered to Bradford and is talking to them. along with Hull KR, Salford and Leeds.

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,422 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

Great - British club signs 34 year old aussie scrum half because there are no decent players in UK any more.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

He'll probably last a handful of games, then the Bulls will slide down the table (again).
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#6 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

Just heard that we have signed Chev Walker. - Hmmm. Not sure, but at the right price this might not be the worst signing.

Glenn Hall is leaving the club he is off to Casleford. I don't think we've seen anywhere near the best of Hall, but on this year's perfomances, no loss.

Steve Menzies is going back to aus after the club have not opffered a new playing contract... just coaching. - This had better be because he wants to retire. Not because we don't want him.

Fielden is in negotiations with both clubs as is aspinwall. Fielden - OK at the right price. Aspinwall would be an improvement.

Andrew Ryan would be a good signing. He is a n 80 min workhorse in the mould of Danny Gartner Too old.
Dont forget. Scutton could be going back to leeds yet Better not be
People called Romans they go the house

#7 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Mumby Magic @ Jul 26 2010, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wrong, it goes down from 6 to 5. Look at the table at the bottom of this page.

http://www.superleag...page.php?id=346

Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#8 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Bomb Jack @ Jul 26 2010, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wrong, it goes down from 6 to 5. Look at the table at the bottom of this page.

http://www.superleag...page.php?id=346

Nowt to do with me. Quote taken from another source.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#9 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,969 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Jul 26 2010, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He'll probably last a handful of games, then the Bulls will slide down the table (again).

That's where you are wrong....they probably won't get up there in the first place!

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#10 Jimbull

Jimbull
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:33 PM

look its gonna be a long long time before we will rise again. we over spent between 2000 n 2005 and now we are paying for it.... just glad i have a good stretch left in me so i might see them up there again

#11 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (Johnoco @ Jul 26 2010, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's where you are wrong....they probably won't get up there in the first place!

What are you talking about? Until Batley and Barrow get into SL - we will always start every season top of the table! cool.gif

Edited by Amber Avenger, 27 July 2010 - 07:58 AM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#12 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,969 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (Amber Avenger @ Jul 27 2010, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are you talking about? Until Batley and Barrow get into SL - we will always start every season top of the table! cool.gif

Good call, bring on the pre season!!

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#13 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (Mumby Magic @ Jul 26 2010, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Taken from a "man in the know"

"Just heard that we have signed Chev Walker.
Glenn Hall is leaving the club he is off to Casleford.
Steve Menzies is going back to aus after the club have not opffered a new playing contract... just coaching.
Fielden is in negotiations with both clubs as is aspinwall.
Andrew Ryan would be a good signing. He is a n 80 min workhorse in the mould of Danny Gartner
Dont forget. Scutton could be going back to leeds yet."

Hell no to Chev Walker, Bye to Glen Hall, Fools if they let Menzies go, I would take Aspinwall and Fielden, Andrew Ryan possibly, Scruton to Leeds - hell no.

Rumours normally circulate and some are bizarre but if we sign someone like Chev Walker to me its a similar - signing an average at best player - when we have youngsters who can fill that role. Ala Shriffe and Worrincy signings.

I suspect that a similar type and number of decisions are being made at all clubs in both hemispheres, maybe it's all true and maybe none of it is, it'll certainly be interesting to find out.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#14 bradfittler

bradfittler
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

Andrew Ryan is staying at Cantebury.. he activated the last year of his contract.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users