Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

James childs and the keiron cunningham love in.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Sep 5 2010, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How wrong was it to see james childs embracing Keiron Cunningham.......very wrong if you ask me. ......

Indeed, to see that would have been entirely incorrect.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#42 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (BD92 @ Sep 6 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't belive you forgot yourself and thought he was wrong.

cool.gif George, having co-authored three books on rugby league, the drugs case isn't something I'm likely to forget. I'm certainly not ready for the number seven bus just yet! rolleyes.gif

It's simply how you interpret the outcome, given what evidence was produced. It was alleged/openly accused at the time by some that he had taken drugs underhanded with intent to gain an advantage. Cunningham refuted this.

Anyhow, that's it for me on this one. cool.gif

Edited by Saint Billinge, 06 September 2010 - 08:37 PM.

visit www.raygent.co.uk for football and rugby league stories. 

#43 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (HullRover @ Sep 5 2010, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No issue from me.

Even on TV, what happened at the end of that game was one of those unforgettable, goosebump, moments and I would imagine that for anyone actually there (even for a below average SL referee) it would have been impossible not to have 'got caught up in the moment'!

For actually having the moral fibre to reject the Union shilling, Cunningham is univerally respected in RL circles and surely deserves all the acclaim he gets!

I would also say that prior to his elbow injury at Blackburn in 2002, he was the greatest hooker I have seen outside of Prague!

Lets get it right,he only rejected the union shilling because he got it off the RFL along with radlinski not because he loved league better than union.He took the RFL money then never hardly played for great britain.Surely that deserves no acclaim at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users