Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Huddersfield Giants v Crusaders RL

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: Huddersfield Giants v Crusaders RL (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Huddersfield Giants (10 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. Crusaders RL (12 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:23 PM

12-12 NOW

#22 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:27 PM

Huddersfield have ridden their luck in this one - or at least in the last 20 minutes (I missed the rest).

Feel for the Crusaders supporters.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#23 dreamcatcher37

dreamcatcher37
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

HUD 18-12 CRU

#24 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Hudd 18-12 now about 2 mins left
Cudjoe Try, Hodgson Conv

#25 Chariots

Chariots
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Enjoyed the game

Where were the Huddersfield fans ??????????/

Looked to be load from Crusaders

#26 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:31 PM

It's all over Huddersfield win 18-12

#27 dreamcatcher37

dreamcatcher37
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:31 PM

Full time HUD 18-12 CRU, good game.

#28 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:36 PM

No arguement with the sin binning for Crusaders, but what about the attempted trip from Crabtree about 2 or 3 mins before that, surely that was worth the same treatment.

But Jack sparrow played well and the game drew quite a few crusader fans.

I don't think Leeds would worry to much about playing huddersfield from what they have seen, or Wire for that matter if Wigan lose tomorrow.
Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#29 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

entertaining game and a great last 20mins. Ben thaler sadly made two big errors which gifted Hudds the chance to get back into it.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#30 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:38 PM

For the size of the town, stadium and success on the pitch, Huddersfield, worst support in SL

#31 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

Crusaders robbed - more controversy - expect another grumble from Noble unless the RFL have told him to keep it shut or else.

Thuggersfield very fortunate indeed to win this one.

Would have been better for the game as a whole if Crusaders had won.

#32 dreamcatcher37

dreamcatcher37
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:43 PM

Will Noble leave now?

#33 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (BBR @ Sep 11 2010, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the size of the town, stadium and success on the pitch, Huddersfield, worst support in SL

Yep. Lee, Steve May, Giantsrides are going to hate me saying this, but what have Huddersfield ever offered to Super League? Their crowds have increased in recent years, yes, but their support is still relatively poor. I can't remember it ever being great, though I'm sure it was at some point in the past.

They'll never be given the boot from Super League. They've been given plenty of opportunities to establish themselves at the expense of others, and they've built up their crowds just enough to be a shoe-in. On one level, fair play to them, but I'm sure plenty of other clubs could have done the same given the chances they've had and the sugar daddy support.

Good luck to them next week. Think I'll be cheering for their opponents though wink.gif
www.bristolsonics.com

#34 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:45 PM

Exciting game Awful standard of RL. Why are SL players so dumb? Game intelligence or rather the lack of it is crippling British RL. By far the biggest cause for celebration was the tremendous away following from the Crusaders. Surely it is time for the people of Huddersfield to stand and be counted. So called birthplace of RL. Time they showed it mattered and that they care about RL.

#35 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (dreamcatcher37 @ Sep 11 2010, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will Noble leave now?

He left a while back, probably a month + now. He should stop pretending. Assistant coach at the Penrith Panthers 2011

#36 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (West Country Eagle @ Sep 11 2010, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep. Lee, Steve May, Giantsrides are going to hate me saying this, but what have Huddersfield ever offered to Super League? Their crowds have increased in recent years, yes, but their support is still relatively poor. I can't remember it ever being great, though I'm sure it was at some point in the past.

They'll never be given the boot from Super League. They've been given plenty of opportunities to establish themselves at the expense of others, and they've built up their crowds just enough to be a shoe-in. On one level, fair play to them, but I'm sure plenty of other clubs could have done the same given the chances they've had and the sugar daddy support.

Good luck to them next week. Think I'll be cheering for their opponents though wink.gif

Hasn't one of their directors just been given some high-paying job at Red Hall?

That'll keep 'em sweet no matter how few people turn out to watch them.

#37 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:57 PM

It wasn't a high quality game but it was high in drama.

Feel genuinely gutted for the Crusaders.

#38 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Bitofaboogie @ Sep 11 2010, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not exactly, people leave jobs to take on other jobs, its a new idea, think it might take off

QUOTE (West Country Eagle @ Sep 11 2010, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep. Lee, Steve May, Giantsrides are going to hate me saying this, but what have Huddersfield ever offered to Super League? Their crowds have increased in recent years, yes, but their support is still relatively poor.

Year on year improvement, kinda what the franchise system is about

No surprises here mate, you've been ###### since the merger, by your thinking, Quins, Cas, Wakey, Salford, Crusaders off top of my head should be chopped, all lower crowds than us and rarely make the play offs, bin em

As usual a game thread turns into whose go tthe most fans debate, yo ucouldnt make it up.

As for the game itself, good old arm wrestle, we played some dumb stuff at times and Cru's chanced there arm a bit, rather enjoyed it, got lucky at the end when the lad threw a poor offload out, but we had players in position to capitalise, seen better games, seen worse.

I'll sit down now and watch the derby game and surprisingly dont think i'll even watch the crowd, the pitch fare should be more interesting.

Nice to see it still pisses people off when we win a game, somethings will never change biggrin.gif

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#39 Cofi

Cofi
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

I haven't felt this disappointed for a long, long time. Totally gutted and utterly depressed.

I'm off out for a pint...

Yn falch o fod yn gefnogwr y Croesgadwyr heddiw/Proud to be a Crusaders' supporter today.

#40 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Bitofaboogie @ Sep 11 2010, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That'll keep 'em sweet no matter how few people turn out to watch them.

Yep, Sheffield hate figure Ralph Rimmer.

And Lee, I generally couldn't care less about Huddersfield - their on-field improvement on the field in recent years has been impressive.

I still think you're VERY lucky to be in Super League though, and many others feel the same. Crusaders and Quins have excuses - i.e in expansion areas. Huddersfield have none: not enough people in the city/town care about RL.
www.bristolsonics.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users