Million pound question

myview

Here,s a thought for the day. If Batley keep on playing good rugby, they may qualify for the end of season play offs. What if they were to be in the million pound game and have to play Wakefield. Where would Mr Kears loyalties lie, new job or present job? I think we should try to help our dear neighbour decide by beating them on Friday night. Up the Rams, great all round team effort against Bulls. Just shows what they can do when they all pull together and in the right frame of mind. Morrison is a good coach and it is not easy to get 17 players all mentally tuned like he did against Bulls. Just ask Brian Macdermott at Leeds who himself is a good coach but with a less than satisfactory start to he season (St Helens excepted)

Batley 37 - 36 Whitehaven - million pound game, really?

Keep buying the lottery tickets if you like those odds.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

A wins a win BSJ, ask Oldham :onthequiet:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

What are the chances of Wakefield maybe getting Kear in before the end of the season,I know he wants to see out his contract,but if results are bad for both Wakefield and Bulldogs,maybe best for boths parties to start over.

What are the chances of Wakefield maybe getting Kear in before the end of the season,I know he wants to see out his contract,but if results are bad for both Wakefield and Bulldogs,maybe best for boths parties to start over.

Maybe Batley had one eye on this weekend. I doubt for a minute that wheels are coming off over the valley.  

Although I am now more confidant that we can compete with the pace setters, we need to remember this on Friday night

I wouldn't read too much into their one point victory other than both sides going for it on the day? 

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

So you are all saying that Batley making the million pound game is quite reasonable?

More than one born every minute then.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Probably very very unlikely BSJ. I'd still be happy with sixth despite our great start. Anything more than that would be absolutely amazing considering the size of our budgets and crowds. Albeit success of course increases expectation, and sometimes unrealistically.

However, I bet there are very few Batley fans who would genuinely put money us to reach the MDG.

Looking forward to Friday. Should be a cracker after the Rams tremendous cup result and our good form so far.

So you are all saying that Batley making the million pound game is quite reasonable?

More than one born every minute then.

Given their comparatively small squad, I'd say injuries might eventually take their toll on the dogs, so I think MPG is probably a bridge too far, but I rather think they'll be nearer to it than us. I base this on the fact that so far, the dogs have been largely consistent, whereas we've been anything but. 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived