Membership record for the Storm - Final NRL Membership Numbers by Club 2017

Melbourne Storm have surpassed their previous membership record of 17,518 two days before their opening home game of the 2017 season. 

The current tally sits on 17.520 with the club firmly going after the target of 20,000 members now. 

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2017/03/14/storm_smash_membersh.html

Melbourne Storm is proud to announce it has broken its membership record, two days out from its first home game of the 2017 season.

The Club has today surpassed its previous record of 17,518 members, meaning the purple army has never been bigger!

This landmark milestone sees the ultimate goal of 20,000 proud and passionate Storm members now within reach.

Storm on 17,938 members 2,062 needed to sign up to break the 20,000 target. 

First home crowd of 16,344 was a bit disapointing the club expected 20,000 so did i but it sure felt like 20,000 spectators considering the amount of noise there was at AAMI Park on Thursday night.

Decent numbers the Storm are putting up in terms of fans/members but i think there is more to come the crowds can be lifted and membership can grow some more. 

Could they do anymore is a good question?

Promoting the game in high schools and primary schools is always a must and from what i see the club does that well enough but can always improve by lifting the number of schools your promoting the game too. 

Apart from that i agree with your comment "Storm seem to do everything they can to sell themselves, the game and make match day an enjoyable event"

The Storm do this 10/10, so i go back to my comment above the only thing that the Storm must continue to do is promote the game at school's as much as possible to attract more young people to the game and in turn lift junior participation numbers. 

Storm membership tally at 17.970 hopefully that 18,000 barrier is broken ASAP. The target before that Penrith Panthers game on Saturday April the 1st should be 18,700 members, i'm sure that is realistic still early days in the season if we can surge to 18,700 before our second home game we will get to 20,000 with ease especially considering the good start to our season and some good news with the re-signing of Dale Finucan.

Storm are up to 18,077 members hopefully we can get a few more by this Saturday's second home game of the season against a very good team in Penrith. Should be a cracking game hopefully the Storm can win again in another classic game and more people will take notice that we have one of the best Rugby League teams in the world here and that they should take advantage of this and sign up to watch these guys there not going to be around forever. 

On this page I'll keep everyone up to date on Storm's home crowd attendances as i see there is a lot of debate around NRL crowd numbers.

Vs -  Brisbane 16,344 - Vs Penrith 15,223.so far 31,567 avg about 15,780 over first two games.

As well as letting you all know about Storm's membership tally.

11 hours ago, Deranged Drunk Guy said:

Now up to 18,279 as of 10.41 am Melbourne time 03/04/2017. 

Could you ask their ticket office if you get a chance, if they know the % of members outside the Melbourne catchment area. I'll say 10/%

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

9 hours ago, Blotto said:

Could you ask their ticket office if you get a chance, if they know the % of members outside the Melbourne catchment area. I'll say 10/%

There isn't much outside the Melbourne catchment area.

4.7 million live in Melbourne

6.1 million live in Victoria

At 91,753 sq miles, Victoria is similar in size to England.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Current membership tally on 18,399 - 1,601 more members to get to hit the target of 20,000 members. 

Blotto i imagine a percentage of Storm members would be in Queensland ( Slater,Smith,Cronk factor ) and a few in NZ, doubt there would be many in NSW, most NSW people seem to dislike the Storm. 

18,625 members not far off the target of 20,000 members/season ticket holders and all this before the clubs third home game of the season. Should see a few more people sign up on Sunday at the game. 

Another 1,375 people needed to sign. 

• 1 month later...

Well Storm haven't quite made the 20,000members we here targeted for the season.

We have come pretty close though!

Here's the membership figures for all NRL clubs as of May 2017, ranked from those with most members to least:

591df4e647136_Membershitotalsmay2017.jpg.435f72cd1b939267eff553a318a5f7fc.jpg
Overall membership numbers are down from last season's high total.

Storm's total is still a big step up from last season and the figure is also a part of an upward trend.

Overall there are 8,501 fewer NRL club members this season than last.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived