Membership record for the Storm - Final NRL Membership Numbers by Club 2017

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:27 AM, Graham said:

Well Storm haven't quite made the 20,000members we here targeted for the season.

We have come pretty close though!

Here's the membership figures for all NRL clubs as of May 2017, ranked from those with most members to least:

591df4e647136_Membershitotalsmay2017.jpg.435f72cd1b939267eff553a318a5f7fc.jpg
Overall membership numbers are down from last season's high total.

Storm's total is still a big step up from last season and the figure is also a part of an upward trend.

Overall there are 8,501 fewer NRL club members this season than last.

5,200 of that 8,000 lost between Souths & The Dogs! As I've said many times RL needs it's big clubs to be successful on the field not lame ducks like Cronulla or Easts who have very little interest.

I've no doubt if Souths had not imploded after 2014 and went on winning as NQ & the sharks have we would be over 50,000 in members buy now and that would have been amazing for RL. But as I'm well aware we died in the ###### big time after 2014.

I find all these new memberships a little bit misleading. For example, I am not a Sharks member as it was very unlikely this year that my wife and I would get to enough of the games to justify it.

I was always going to attend yesterday's game agains the Roosters though, which tied in well with a membership add I saw during the week on Facebook. 3 x GA Fixture Pass and a members cap for $50. Normal GA tickets on game day are $30. With four of us in attendance, two of us became members and we split four of the six tickets to use yesterday and still have two more to use for another game.

So four people chasing a bargain on game day rather than anything else, with only four home games remaining, constitutes an increase in membership. Not a very fair reflection.

At least it was a 50% increase in our membership numbers :)

• 2 months later...

Well, the 2017 NRL season is over and the final numbers are in for memberships by club.

Here they are from highest to lowest:

59d640adf13e5_finalnos.JPG.ca47c7300e2560998746f6fd0bb95cdb.JPG

Top 3 then are Broncos, Rabbitohs and Eels

Biggest growth rate: Raiders (25%)

Clubs to lose members in 2017:

Rabbitohs (-2,359), Panthers (-1,056), Cowboys (-998), Bulldogs (-2270), Warriors (-922) and Sea Eagles (-572)

Overall then despite these downs there has been an increase overall in NRL memberships of 7,107

With the myriad of different membership packages available the membership figures can be misleading,but nice to see more clubs have seen an increase than a decrease,if only it could be translated into match day attendances.

3 hours ago, Graham said:

Can't imagine why when someone's paid for a season ticket/membership, they don't go regularly.

It is mis-leading to believe that every member is a season ticket holder as they are not.Look at the various membership packages that each club offer. South Sydney even offer a package for pets.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

IMG_1616.thumb.JPG.934d9beea38787011d13409c2f9497a8.JPG

Our club has memberships which are really like... season tickets.

"Standard adult packages include admission to ALL regular-season home games, while providing a host of fantastic, member-only discounts and benefits - in addition to discount Summer Bash tickets and the opportunity to secure cut-price Challenge Cup and Super 8s tickets."

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:57 AM, Graham said:

Can't imagine why when someone's paid for a season ticket/membership, they don't go regularly.

I buy 5 season tickets a year -mine and four family members but only attend games v Easts, Bulldogs, St Merge and sometimes Parramatta because there big games the other sides don't interest me enough to travel the distance I do these days to Sydney.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:39 AM, Irish Saint said:

It is mis-leading to believe that every member is a season ticket holder as they are not.Look at the various membership packages that each club offer. South Sydney even offer a package for pets.

Pets are not people as you may or may not be aware ? Therefor they obviously do not figure in the clubs membership tally as the club have stated many many times in the past couple of years the 30-35,000 are paid up PEOPLE members. 

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:18 AM, Davo5 said:

With the myriad of different membership packages available the membership figures can be misleading,but nice to see more clubs have seen an increase than a decrease,if only it could be translated into match day attendances.

How many games per season do you attend Stormdavo5? 

50 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Grow up.

Excuse me, It's a valid question given your non stop commentary on low crowd numbers. So I'll ask you again how many games do you attend each season?

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:53 AM, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

How many games per season do you attend Stormdavo5? 

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:09 PM, Davo5 said:

Grow up.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:01 PM, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Excuse me, It's a valid question given your non stop commentary on low crowd numbers. So I'll ask you again how many games do you attend each season?

I'll take your silence on this topic as you attend ZERO games per season SD5, Hmmm given you don't attend games maybe you are a Eastern Suburbs supporter after all lol,  who would have though it Stormdavo5 a Easts "fan" now talk about jumping on the bandwagon .

Archived