Is Kuni Minga eligible for France?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hvy wg said:

Maybe we should. I mean back in the day of Greenshields, Dureau, Henderson, Menzies, Taia, Anderson... we would have had a killer of a team.

Indeed.  I would say as long as half the 17 are home born it's still reasonable.... 

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

He may be married to a lovely French lady like I am, watching allo allo and Vicky Michelle as a kid must have affected me! 

being married to a french lady means sod all...learn the laws!!!

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

“Residence” means the place or location in which a Player has his/her primary home for each of the preceding sixty (60) months immediately prior to playing an international match. Subsequent to establishing his/her initial residency eligibility the Player must in each year prior to the year of his/her selection for such country be resident in the country for a minimum of 210 days in the preceding 12 months to maintain his/her residency eligibility. For the avoidance of doubt the calculation of the sixty (60) months respectively shall commence from the day on which the player’s eligibility becomes active and cannot include any period forward of such eligibility date.

OLDHAM RLFC

1 minute ago, Hvy wg said:

So according to you someone with French nationality could be refused ?

no ya burke....

And thats not according to me...its from the RLIF website!

minga could well have become a french citizen..but in accordance with the RLIF RULES...citizenship means nothing!

its birth,heritage and residency...thats all

OLDHAM RLFC

I just checked and roughyedspud is right.

Rules for being eligible for a nation :
A. Being born in the said nation
B. Having parents born in the said nation
C. Having grandparents born in the said nation
D. Living in more than 60 months in that country

So it effectively means that, for the RLIF, you can play for France without being French but in some cases you can't play for France even though you're French. It's pathetic.

Clearly they didn't though this through as reasons A and B give you automatic French citizenship while C gives you about 99% chance of so.

(EDIT : if your grandsparents are French, your mother/father are French by filiation, making you French by filiation anyway. If your parents aren't French but you're born in France, you're French. If you're married to a French, you can apply for citizenship.)

what the hell are you on about? who is french that isn't allowed to play for france? anyone of us could get a piece of paper legally proclaiming us as french,kiwi or australian..christ sake...all the burgess boys are "legaly aussies" now..as is mozza...and probably james graham too...dan sarginson has a dual passport....becoming a legal citizen means absolutely sod all in the eyes of RLIF laws...and its not just our laws...its practically every other sports laws too

im not being funny but im probably the worlds leading authority on the eligibility laws lol

in the last 6 months ive pulled half a dozen journalists,who should know better, and corrected them on the laws...off the back of my emails to the NZRL they actually went and checked melbourne wing vunivalu's eligibility..and it got knocked back!

OLDHAM RLFC

25 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

what the hell are you on about? who is french that isn't allowed to play for france? anyone of us could get a piece of paper legally proclaiming us as french,kiwi or australian..christ sake...all the burgess boys are "legaly aussies" now..as is mozza...and probably james graham too...dan sarginson has a dual passport....becoming a legal citizen means absolutely sod all in the eyes of RLIF laws...and its not just our laws...its practically every other sports laws too

im not being funny but im probably the worlds leading authority on the eligibility laws lol

in the last 6 months ive pulled half a dozen journalists,who should know better, and corrected them on the laws...off the back of my emails to the NZRL they actually went and checked melbourne wing vunivalu's eligibility..and it got knocked back!

You have more time on your hands than I do lol. 

11 hours ago, barnyia said:

He's a bit aggressive roughyed spud! 

Ignore my last post then! 

I don't mean to be sorry..

I've been battling the eligibility laws for 10years,the whole fuifui moimoi nonsense prior to the 2008 world cup got me started on this path,I've emailed and corresponded with just about everyone you could imagine,from Richard Lewis to Dave collier and everyone inbetween n a vein attempt to get everyone to stick to the laws...

The laws,as they stand,are sound....but if we start chucking around dispensations then we might as well not have the laws in the first place..

The worst "water muddiers" at the moment are the bloody journalist who erroneously chuck about stupid articles that bare very little facts..

Vunivalu is a good case in point,a journo found out that he was born in Fiji,spent a couple of years in college in Auckland and then 2-3 years playing in Melbourne...and this "journo" told him he was eligible for Fiji,NZ & Australia...this got printed in several papers,online and got mentioned on radio & TV....the truth is vunivalu is only currently eligible for Fiji..in a couple of years he'll have done his 5 years in Australia so will be eligible for them too..

Koni hurrell, despite being in NZ the required 5 years he left NZ without gaining a kiwi test cap,that renders his 5 years null and void,he is no longer eligible for NZ..

Kuni minga,bloody journalist again,I've seen one article that says he's been at Toulouse 5 years and I've seen another that says 3 years and needs dispensation but the FRxiii haven't sort to clear him yet..I believe that 2nd article..

We need to hold the players,nations & bloody journalist to account to uphold the integrity of the laws....and unlike the lead in to previous world cups I really think we're winning :)

OLDHAM RLFC

3 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

I don't mean to be sorry..

I've been battling the eligibility laws for 10years,the whole fuifui moimoi nonsense prior to the 2008 world cup got me started on this path,I've emailed and corresponded with just about everyone you could imagine,from Richard Lewis to Dave collier and everyone inbetween n a vein attempt to get everyone to stick to the laws...

The laws,as they stand,are sound....but if we start chucking around dispensations then we might as well not have the laws in the first place..

The worst "water muddiers" at the moment are the bloody journalist who erroneously chuck about stupid articles that bare very little facts..

Vunivalu is a good case in point,a journo found out that he was born in Fiji,spent a couple of years in college in Auckland and then 2-3 years playing in Melbourne...and this "journo" told him he was eligible for Fiji,NZ & Australia...this got printed in several papers,online and got mentioned on radio & TV....the truth is vunivalu is only currently eligible for Fiji..in a couple of years he'll have done his 5 years in Australia so will be eligible for them too..

Koni hurrell, despite being in NZ the required 5 years he left NZ without gaining a kiwi test cap,that renders his 5 years null and void,he is no longer eligible for NZ..

Kuni minga,bloody journalist again,I've seen one article that says he's been at Toulouse 5 years and I've seen another that says 3 years and needs dispensation but the FRxiii haven't sort to clear him yet..I believe that 2nd article..

We need to hold the players,nations & bloody journalist to account to uphold the integrity of the laws....and unlike the lead in to previous world cups I really think we're winning :)

More fool on countries believing journos, especially the likes of Aus & NZ who have big resources at their disposal 

6 minutes ago, Scubby said:

The official RLWC site is claiming Minga has done 5 seasons now lol. Just to wind you up a bit more!

http://www.rlwc2017.com/news/france-name-png-winger-kuni-minga-world-cup-squad

Well according to this article he did play for Toulouse in the 2012/13 season, making 2017 his fifth season of he's not gone anywhere else since 

http://www.to13.com/equipe-pro/kuni-minga-prolonge-au-to/

Archived