Barrow v Hornets.

mickhornet

Cracking start!

I don't remember too many previous Hornets teams coming back from there with a win......York at home in the next round.

Any anoraks out there know when the last time we did win up at Barrow? Its all looking positive for when the really stuff starts in a couple of weeks

great result after the embarrassing performances by the super league teams in the World Series challenge or whatever it is called. To think these are pre season warm ups for the Aussies.

The gap is getting wider, thought super league was supposed to narrow it

Mm, Super League has done major damage to the structure of the Rugby League in my opinion. Yet we're still no nearer beating the Aussies.

great result after the embarrassing performances by the super league teams in the World Series challenge or whatever it is called. To think these are pre season warm ups for the Aussies.

The gap is getting wider, thought super league was supposed to narrow it

Super League,what a misnomer,but it`ll all be forgotten about at the weekend when normal service is restored again. I counted seven tries scored by the Aussie teams in each of their games to five all up by the three Pommy sides,but I read that Brian Noble thinks there`s not much between the two competitions,just that the Aussies are more likely to punish mistakes. Keep dreaming Brian,there`s light years between the two.

Super League,what a misnomer,but it`ll all be forgotten about at the weekend when normal service is restored again. I counted seven tries scored by the Aussie teams in each of their games to five all up by the three Pommy sides,but I read that Brian Noble thinks there`s not much between the two competitions,just that the Aussies are more likely to punish mistakes. Keep dreaming Brian,there`s light years between the two.

Our coaches have been saying stuff like that for too long. Decision making ability at speed is crucial in most team games. The Aussies are way in front in this vital area of the game.

Although its a couple of years since I was last 'down under' admission prices at NRL games were much lower than at super league games (probably less than for hornets games even).  The NRL seem to aim their policies and strategies around improving the game and strengthening the performance of representative teams (and you could argue the same about NZ).  In contrast Super League seems to be focused on increasing revenue.

Id like to think Bennett's appointment could lead to long awaited international success, but when it comes down to it we cannot match them 13 on 13 whoever is in charge

Title of this thread is Barrow Vs Hornets. If you want to discuss the Souper Douper League, start your own thread.

WELL DONE HORNETS !!!!! You played in a mud bath but your defence was magnificent, (I secretly think you enjoyed all that sliding and slipping) By the end of the match there wasn't a white line to be seen on the pitch and we couldn't tell which team was which. The weather was that bad we got held up by a flood on the way home.  

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Archived