Council statement

aitch11

Response from JG and YCFC on this updated article on the press website

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11705539.City_council_will_move_forward_with_York_community_stadium_project_without_John_Guildford___Knights_chairman_says_it_is_a__conspiracy____York_City_chiefs_back_council/

Essentially, there is no chance the Knights will play at BC whilst JG tries to do the negotiating.

The longer this saga goes on, the worse it gets for JG. His frantic tweeting is doing himself no favours either and is reflecting very badly on YCK. The more that is revealed, the more it reflects badly on JG and his actions throughout the process.

It is pretty clear that he needs to move on for the sake of YCK as a club. Whether there is anyone willing and in a position to take over - I have no idea.

Three or four questions I have puzzled over. Now seems an appropriate time to ask if anyone knows the answers.

1: John Guilford is often referred to as "the major shareholder". How did this come about as I've never seen any shares offered for sale?

2: If this is correct, then who owns the rest of the shares?

3: How much were these shares?

4:About a year ago I read somewhere Ian Paver had joined Mr Guilford on the Knight's board. I've never seen his name mentioned since. I used to speak to Ian regularly in the bar under the stand at the old Clarence St. ground after the games when he was a player for the club and always found him to be a grand chap. Does anyone know if he is involved with the Knights or not?

5: When is the next shareholder's meeting, or is this the silly question I think it is?

If anyone knows the answer to some or all of my queries I would be very grateful if they would let me know  as I think they are very relevant to trying to rescue our club from the current situation we find ourselves in.

Three or four questions I have puzzled over. Now seems an appropriate time to ask if anyone knows the answers.

1: John Guilford is often referred to as "the major shareholder". How did this come about as I've never seen any shares offered for sale?

2: If this is correct, then who owns the rest of the shares?

3: How much were these shares?

4:About a year ago I read somewhere Ian Paver had joined Mr Guilford on the Knight's board. I've never seen his name mentioned since. I used to speak to Ian regularly in the bar under the stand at the old Clarence St. ground after the games when he was a player for the club and always found him to be a grand chap. Does anyone know if he is involved with the Knights or not?

5: When is the next shareholder's meeting, or is this the silly question I think it is?

If anyone knows the answer to some or all of my queries I would be very grateful if they would let me know  as I think they are very relevant to trying to rescue our club from the current situation we find ourselves in.

1. Majority as in 100% ownership and 100% of the say.

2. N/A

3. N/A

4. See answer 1.

5. N/A

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1. Majority as in 100% ownership and 100% of the say.

2. N/A

3. N/A

4. See answer 1.

5. N/A

From whom did he buy the shares and when?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

From whom did he buy the shares and when?

Guildford has always owned all of York City Knights Ltd right from when the company was set up in 2002. We've had other directors in the past, including the chairman of the supporters club who resigned after a year, Roger Dixon & Steve Ferres. Current directors are John, Sharon & Sarah Guildford.

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Did anyone buy those "shares"? Did those "shares" actually get anyone any shares in York City Knights Ltd? 1000 shares at £240, how much of the business was up for sale? if it was 100% that values it at £240,000, if only 49% (JG retaining 51% majority) that values it at £490k. Who valued it at that? Also it was a repeat yearly payment of £240 per share, if you look at it over 5 years that's a value of about £2.5m for the fans to have a 49% share. Biggest load of ###### I've ever seen was that.

I may be in a minority here,but why are the council and McGill refusing to talk to J.G. over what seems a trivial point ?

The original planning consent stipulated that the Knights were guaranteed somewhere to play until the new stadium was completed.

Why was this changed ? I think there is more to this than we know and J.G. is been used as a scapegoat.

I may be in a minority here,but why are the council and McGill refusing to talk to J.G. over what seems a trivial point ?

The original planning consent stipulated that the Knights were guaranteed somewhere to play until the new stadium was completed.

Why was this changed ? I think there is more to this than we know and J.G. is been used as a scapegoat.

Agree

Sounds like JG is on Radio York this morning to state his side of the story

I don't want taking to court over this because my thoughts might not be facts

were city told eons ago they had to move from bc when the then chairman sold their ground?

did the knights own a small stake of hs from tthe proceeds of clarence st?

did the knights get an income from bar 13?

were the knights promised an income stream from the bar at the new ground?

Why were we only offered 2 years at bc, and not till the stadium was built?

why do york city get to run the new stadium?

why is the new stdium still only on the drawing board?

somebody must know the truth

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

I don't want taking to court over this because my thoughts might not be facts

were city told eons ago they had to move from bc when the then chairman sold their ground?

did the knights own a small stake of hs from tthe proceeds of clarence st?

did the knights get an income from bar 13?

were the knights promised an income stream from the bar at the new ground?

Why were we only offered 2 years at bc, and not till the stadium was built?

why do york city get to run the new stadium?

why is the new stdium still only on the drawing board?

somebody must know the truth

Some good questions there Deano. Let's hope someone who knows some or all of the answers can make us a bit wiser. I seem to remember someone posting on here a while ago the actual sum that was put into Ryedale Stadium from the sale of Clarence Street. I hope he can refresh our memories and maybe answer one or two of the other points.

Thanks for this interesting reply Gav. Although not quite answering all of my questions it was certainly informative.

Just pointing you to information thats already out there mate. (I know as much as you lot by the way)

Not really commenting because I don't really know what to say just yet. Its a sad state of affairs though.

I'm only aware of what I read on here and in the press so find the whole situation baffling. I cannot understand why an elected council treat the rugby club in this way. Is it just me or does anyone else think that the council and indeed the football club should show more respect to the players and backroom staff of the rugby club. It's not as if they have done anything to upset the process. I feel sorry for those people more than anyone else. 

I dont live in the city so dont know the politics of it all , but why are the team not allowed to train somewhere. Why is that affected by where they play. And if there is a problem then why haven't other local clubs offered their facilities , eg the rugby union team or non league team. That may be a dumb question so apologies if that is the case.    

Hope it comes good soon but my opinion of those running the project has gone down hill , and it wasn't that high in the first place.

Obviously a lot of political stuff going on, but strikes me the stance JG has taken is gaining more support & others are starting to question exactly what's gone on/going on behind the scenes

Need to be careful here Col. From what I can gather most of the gathering support for JG is coming thus:

1        People  who have a political axe to grind against a faltering  Labour council (if Andy H. comment  is correct and not a wind up then JG belongs to this group)

2        Those who have always been against the concept of a community stadium from the outset, including rate payers who think its a waste of money and those York residents who are not interested in sport.

3         Some YCFC fans who still dont accept that the future of Bootham Crescent is coming to an end, who also dont give a damn about the rugby club and will use any means to derail the project. Hopefully these are a small minority.

4         Fans like you and Mrs S. who continue to show admirable loyalty to  "our leader" TITTER!  Sorry about that, I often have an uncontrollable laugh when the word leader is used in association with JG.

Please allow me to try to explain this latter point. My idea of a good leader is someone who, whilst being strong, is able to negotiate with other parties to seek outcomes that benefit all for the future. IMO JGs confrontational style, aided and abetted by the fact that he holds 100% of YCK shares, continually fails to find these outcomes.

I and others have listened for many years to the much muted phrases, " he puts the money in so he should have the say" and " without his money there would be no club". It has to be said that it is difficult to argue against this logic but what if, over a number of years, bad decisions and a bad approach are taken which overall does not benefit the club and its fans. People who know me well are aware that I  have had serious concerns in this area for many years as the Knights have continued to shoot themselves in the foot on various issues, but like most fans I do not have the wherewithal or the means to do anything about it.

It should be stated that I have no personal axe to grind with any of the parties involved in this dispute and am certainly not an apologist for CYC and YCFC who in the words of teachers everywhere "must try harder".

But in the meantime it is only right that Knights fans should be examining closely just how their club is being run on their behalf.

Finally, I wish to make a suggestion. It was reported in the Press that because of the impasse our coach had volunteered to speak to other stakeholders in an attempt to find a way forward. As one who always believes that talking/cooperation is always preferable to confrontation i think this is an admirable idea but would like to suggest that he be accompanied by other interested parties whose love of the club is unquestionable. Might I suggest that the chairman of the supporters club, if he agreed, would be the ideal person for the job?

All those who think JG should step aside need to see tonight's Press where Clr. Waller confirms that assurances given to the YCK have been reneged on by the current regime. What we need now from CYC is an explanation as to why they have broken promises made to the Knights.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11713975.Knights_stadium_row__Ex_York_council_chief_and_mayor_call_for_talks/

were city told eons ago they had to move from bc when the then chairman sold their ground?- deano, dad and I were wondering the same, we seemed to recall BC was sold to persimmon or someone for housing?!

This is just becoming a joke and we'll end up the laughing stock of the league..

were city told eons ago they had to move from bc when the then chairman sold their ground?- deano, dad and I were wondering the same, we seemed to recall BC was sold to persimmon or someone for housing?!

This is just becoming a joke and we'll end up the laughing stock of the league..

I also recall a connection between Persimmon and BC but I don't now if that still exists.

The original plan, I recall, was for them to develop BC and the Shipton Street School site together but I think they got sick of waiting for a decision from CYC.

What I find worrying and so should every York citizen, is that, if Clr. Waller is to be taken at his word, CYC are being very economical with the truth. If CYC are trying to pull the wool over our eyes on this issue they could be doing it on other issues as well.  

Archived