What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Back from the 2nd-hand shop, with...
Jimmy Webb - Words and Music
Los Lobos - And a Time to dance
Stevie Wonder - Journey through the secret Life of Plants
The Chambers Brothers - Unbonded
The Philadelphia All-Stars - Let's clean up the Ghetto

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kung Fu movies and Funk in one wonderfully overwrought Philly package.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Two potty-mouthed Soul legends... NSFW language.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Just been watching a bit of Kanye West at Glastonbury. If his act is actually some kind of vicious satire on the music industry, then he is a towering comedic genius.

If that was a serious attempt at a gig, then I think the poor little chap needs professional help. I'd rather watch Oasis, and that's swearing.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I thought Motorhead put on a decent show considering the fragile state of health Lemmy seems to be in. I would like to have seen more of their set.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

hocus pocus by FOCUS

For when you need yodelling in your life, but can't quite stomach Frank Ifield...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The title of this song probably means that the band don't play it much any more, at least since 9/11. Shame...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ernest Ranglin & Monty Alexander - Three Pope.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Today, while watching some great Tennis at Wimbledon, I have just archived the following LPs to the hard drive:

Dickey Betts & Great Southern - Dickey Betts & Great Southern
Various Artists - The 49 Minute Technicolour Dream
Max Webster - Universal Juveniles
Livingston Taylor (James' brother) - Liv
Bobby Womack - The Poet II
Toto - 12" single (Pamela/Stay away/Africa)
Peggy Lee & George Shearing - Beauty and the Beat!
Julie London - Love Letters
Leo Kottke - Leo Kottke

Ralph Waldo Emerson

More vinyl rips today:
Ozric Tentacles - Arborescence
Manassas - Down the Road
Wah! - The Way we Wah!
Hawkwind - Space Ritual

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just watched The Who at Glastonbury. Thought it was brilliant. Especially Baba O'Riley.

Really enjoyed their set too.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Haven't listened to this song in too long. :) 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hey kids! Hey teenagers! This is what rock videos used to look like. So quit whingeing about how rubbish your life is, right?

Decent song, though.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

https://m.mixcloud.com/sohoradio/gary-crowley-punk-and-new-wave-show-16062015/

Gary Crowley punk and new wave show on Soho Radio. Fantastic show with loads of forgotten classics from the late 70's/early 80's. (Punk/new wave/ska/reggae etc)

Does Gary still sound breathless all the time? I haven't heard him in ages.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Heading in a funkier direction...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Starts beautiful, then builds.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I can't remember if I ever saw the video when it originally came out, but I certainly bought the single. And isn't that Francesca ('Allo 'Allo) Gonshaw in the old-timey bits?

Ralph Waldo Emerson