Featherstone Rovers v Swinton

Robin  Evans

Saturday 23rd January K.O 3pm.

After the game the club will be showing Spurs v Leeds Utd in the FA Cup 4th round, live from White Hart Lane on the big screen.

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

After the game the club will be showing Spurs v Leeds Utd in the FA Cup 4th round, live from White Hart Lane on the big screen.

'This post has been edited by Robin Evans: Today, 02:24 PM' Go on Evans, you know you want to! :D

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

Sounds like a great weekend ahead!!!

What

'This post has been edited by Robin Evans: Today, 02:24 PM' Go on Evans, you know you want to! :D

I am nothing if not predictable!! :lol:

However, as I posted this to plug the game to try and make a few Bob for the club and satiate my need for Rugby - I resisted the temptation!!! :lol::lol:

So is this game a reserves game?

It's a mix of 1st and 2nd team players. The team to face Swinton will include 7 of whom played on Sunday.

Admission is indeed

Edited by Robin Evans

It will Phil. There's going to be a lot, if not all of the players playing on Saturday, who are going to be staking a claim to be included included in Daryl's 1st 18. Competition, I expect, will be fierce.

Can't wait now. I've been bustin for a game in weeks, now we get 2 at once!!

Good on yer. Swinton sending their A team, first team or mix??

Heard its the first team, so should be an interesting game.

Just a pity it clashes with the Lions / Army game or it would of been rugby nirvana this weekend. Maybe could of offered them the ground for a 12:30 kick off followed by the Swinton game. Could of been of benefit to both clubs!

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Well we don't have an academy team so yes the Swinton team will come from the first team squad which includes the likes of Paul Smith , Ian Watson , Graham Holroyd, Aaron Smith, Gavin Dodd, Gary Hulse, Phil Joseph and many more.

Should be a good game.

See you all tomorrow i will be in the press box writing my report

Good luck for the new season

Riggy

Swinton

Enjoyed the game today. You have some great young talent there.

I just posted a match report on Swinton Lions website . Its under the teams / reports heading if anybody wants a read.

All the best for 2010

Riggy

rovers 16-44 swinton.

A decent 1st half in which a little more composure close to the swinton line could have seen fev go in at the half in front!

However, the pace and experience of a near 1st team told in the second half as swinton ran fev daft for half an hour racking up 32 unanswered 2nd half points.

The young rovers never gave up and never stopped trying with young hardacre looking every bit ready for a go at the 1st team. Rovers completed the 2nd half with 2 well taken tries late on.

Lots of positives for rovers. When the likes of tom carr and gareth swift return to the squad with the addition of 1st team fringe players, this team will win the league this season in my opinion.

Honestly, for those who haven't tried it, an hour watching these lads is cracking value and just great fun.

You just can't buy this humour!

rovers 16-44 swinton.

A decent 1st half in which a little more composure close to the swinton line could have seen fev go in at the half in front!

However, the pace and experience of a near 1st team told in the second half as swinton ran fev daft for half an hour racking up 32 unanswered 2nd half points.

The young rovers never gave up and never stopped trying with young hardacre looking every bit ready for a go at the 1st team. Rovers completed the 2nd half with 2 well taken tries late on.

Lots of positives for rovers. When the likes of tom carr and gareth swift return to the squad with the addition of 1st team fringe players, this team will win the league this season in my opinion.

Honestly, for those who haven't tried it, an hour watching these lads is cracking value and just great fun.

You just can't buy this humour!

Quite agree Robin. A very good display. With the number of subs, the period you talk about in the second half was nearly Rovers 3rd team. I'm really looking forward to U21/Reserve Grade/A team (whichever they decide to call it this year) fixtures this year.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >