Tonight

elppaxr2i

Well done to those 750 fev fans and probably 20+ rochdale fans who braved it tonight

Thought we did well tonight, thought the rugby at times was attractive despite the snowy weather, some good tries, some invention at times

MoM Hardman was a strange one, thought he did ok but thought there were better players out there, Grayshon and Marabe were my standouts and wouldve given either of them MoM over Hardman

10 points flattered Rochdale who i thought were extremely poor, they are stil rebuilding though so good luck to them

A probable dead rubber game but confidence will be up for sunday, lets hope the weather improves.

and golden gamble

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

They were poor, but we were tons better than last week ( Could't be hard ). Well played to the lads in what was NOT a nice night, I think that you could see most of the main rovers fan base there tonight, anyone going on a whim must have needed to get out of the house for some reason. At liest i'm not as worried about Sundays match as I was 24 hours ago !

agree with what alreadys been said.....testing conditions to say the least(on and off the field!)......just a couple of moans tho......no piehut open......and why do the lights in the backyards look brighter than our floodlights?

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

I thought it was a good workout last night. despite the conditions our attacking play was good and i was impressed with Finn at half back. was nice to see some very good attacking kicks which forced 3 or 4 drop outs. also our defence and line speed looked good

roll on sunday

Rochdale may have been poor, but for those lads to travel over on a night like that and play in those conditions, and then have to travel back at that time, all after a days work and then back to work this morning, they get nothing but praise from me. players like that love this game. they're not in it for the money, thats for sure. they gave it their all for 80 minutes and i'm sure their supporters are proud of them.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Rochdale may have been poor, but for those lads to travel over on a night like that and play in those conditions, and then have to travel back at that time, all after a days work and then back to work this morning, they get nothing but praise from me. players like that love this game. they're not in it for the money, thats for sure. they gave it their all for 80 minutes and i'm sure their supporters are proud of them.

Here here! One of the nastiest nights ive ever had the pleasure to watch RL, many of their players were also making their debut's.

I don't know how the PNG lads are coping with it either.

Edited by Mick H

Well done to those 750 fev fans and probably 20+ rochdale fans who braved it tonight

Thought we did well tonight, thought the rugby at times was attractive despite the snowy weather, some good tries, some invention at times

MoM Hardman was a strange one, thought he did ok but thought there were better players out there, Grayshon and Marabe were my standouts and wouldve given either of them MoM over Hardman

10 points flattered Rochdale who i thought were extremely poor, they are stil rebuilding though so good luck to them

A probable dead rubber game but confidence will be up for sunday, lets hope the weather improves.

I agree with you about MOM - Larabe put in an eye catching show for me. But no obvious weak links. I thought both Sheriffe and Divorty were outstanding in the conditions and both had a good 60 minutes continuous on field time.

All 34 players deserve a huge pat on the back for turning out, and our back room staff for ensuring the game went ahead despite the ongoing weather problems.

Roll on Sunday for another 'fix'.

Have to agree with you on that one,the lads allthough out played never stopped, and i for one am very proud of all 17.Thought all the players from both sides did really well to cope with the conditions.

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rochdalehornets/

A night for basic rugby. Athough being overwhelmed, Rochdale, to their credit, never threw in the towel .Our pack was just too strong for them to handle. Thought that Grayshon and Sherrife had good games.

Tipping that it will be a much harder battle for the boys on Sunday.

From attendance figures, it appears that we have a hard core fan base of around 700 and will depend upon travelling support to achieve above the 1000/1500 figure.

I really enjoyed the match last night and felt sorry for the travelling fans who came. I cannot remember being so cold at a game before. Quite sure some of the players felt the same last night. Considering the conditions an all round good night out.

I am quite sure that even some of the Hard Core were put off last night.

I thought it was a good workout last night. despite the conditions our attacking play was good and i was impressed with Finn at half back. was nice to see some very good attacking kicks which forced 3 or 4 drop outs. also our defence and line speed looked good

roll on sunday

Im glad someone has mentioned Finn. His kicking was spot on in the conditions and he even had to run 50yards when he found himself in open space.What a difference he made at half back. Well done Liam.

Im glad someone has mentioned Finn. His kicking was spot on in the conditions and he even had to run 50yards when he found himself in open space.What a difference he made at half back. Well done Liam.

Spot on, let's keep Finn at halfback and see how he goes against better opposition on Sunday......Well done Liam!!!!

No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.

"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

A night for basic rugby. Athough being overwhelmed, Rochdale, to their credit, never threw in the towel .Our pack was just too strong for them to handle. Thought that Grayshon and Sherrife had good games.

Tipping that it will be a much harder battle for the boys on Sunday.

From attendance figures, it appears that we have a hard core fan base of around 700 and will depend upon travelling support to achieve above the 1000/1500 figure.

had it been on a sunday and a bit better weather, there would have been a thousand there. iam a season ticket holder, but couldnt make it last night due to family reasons, and am sure there was quite a few other regulars that couldnt make it on a tuesday night. iam almost certain we wont get another crowd below a thousand this season.

Thanks for all your thoughts and contributions, it gives me a real insight as to the atmosphere and the match. Roll on the warm weather I'm itching to get back soon. :D

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Congratulations should go to both teams for providing such an entertaining game in appaling conditions. Big raps to the Rochdale lads for never giving up against a better team. Thought we played well in patches but as a indicator of how we are going to go this season i'm not sure it tells us a lot. We will be playing much better teams in our league campaign. Having said that, i really enjoyed the game. Grayshon, Hardman and Finn were my stand out players but it seems petty to single players out when they all deserve a medal. The real business starts Sunday.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"