Matt James

Rob Hemmi

Just read this while sat in the tattooist.

Whats his history??????

somebody else giving you the needle now sidnee?

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

what's the point?

Jeez, shoot me. That's as bad as one of colin's/bob's/bob's etc!

Please, just make it quick. Kill me, now! For the sake of humanity!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

what's the point?

that one will go down in "infamy" :rolleyes:

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

would be a great signing imo known matt a few years and he's a really competative guy would add something 2 us im sure

I've seen Matt play a couple of times and he's always stood out to me as a very good, solid player with plenty of skill.... I'd be delighted if we signed him!!!! :D

No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.

"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

Would be a class signing thats for sure. He looked impressive for Fax last season, big tall rangy prop who carries the ball well and has a fair bit of skill. Our front row would benefit from some size I think as Tonks, Dickens and Morrison whilst all good, tough players are a touch short so James would complement them well.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

what's the point?

Ok Robin, Now EVANS ABOVE.

• 2 weeks later...
He's signed for barrow along with jamaine mcgillvary, two good signings who will be bang up for it in their debuts on Saturday if they play.

I cannot see how Barow can afford these level of players within the Salary Cap

Its certainly a tough test for us on Saturday.

Steven Ashton

Barrow RLFC probably can't.

But if they have a community set up, the players can be paid part by the RLFC and part by the community set up for the 'work' they do for that community - and it's legit!!! A lot of clubs do this to get around the cap. One thing that Barrow has that we don't is Des Johnson - who's pockets are seemingly bottemless!!

I'm not making any allegations or insinuation about brown envelopes here!!!! ;)

Barrow RLFC probably can't.

But if they have a community set up, the players can be paid part by the RLFC and part by the community set up for the 'work' they do for that community - and it's legit!!! A lot of clubs do this to get around the cap. One thing that Barrow has that we don't is Des Johnson - who's pockets are seemingly bottemless!!

I'm not making any allegations or insinuation about brown envelopes here!!!! ;)

It's OK, Barrow fans now have thick skins regarding the endless allagations against us.

The fact is that we averaged crowds of 2,400 last season, have a club lottery that brings in over

who's making allegations like????

Don't forget SRC, we've engaged some of you signings in negotiations ourselves and people at our club have with a high degree of certainty, a clear picture of what Barrow have offered some players. In addition, Yorkshire based players and families talk about the game, their club and "their pay deal"! Not all keep it secret and the details are widely known from the individuals themselves. So, doing the maths and totting up those we know would indicate a level of expenditure (along with Fax,) far greater than owt in the division. We averaged 1800 last year. An extra 600 would have been nice and would yeild about an extra

Robin, yes it would be nice to be bankrolled, but do not let us underestimate the potential which we have at Big Fellas.

I believe that we now have a squad and backroom staff to match any in the league. Let em sign their big names but at the end of the day it all boils down to determination and team spirit.

PS. Thi beards coming along nicely !!!.

Bob, I'm going for the captain birdseye look!!

Anyway, Prouty is gearing up for one monumental announcement for Fev - this isn't a "prepared to be amazed" announcement either. This is a bit big I'm led to believe!!!

Barrow isn't 'bankrolled' by anyone. The club is owned by debenture holders (similar to share holders). Des is the Chairman and contributes some money to the club.

From the 2008 accounts announced at the recent AGM, I quote (from the local rag) ....

"Financial figures revealed at the meeting showed Johnston had put

I wonder how many club lottery tickets Des and his kin buy.

Probably a few dozen. Most fans have a quid of two going into the lottery a week. There are 6,000-odd members of the lottery paying