Warrington

Mr Stubbs

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good crowd and at least we will get a shared gate so not a great loss but could have been a lot better

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

this one could go to the wire.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

dont see what the problem is..if there's a gate of lets say 8,000 then thats what we would get a share of....i'm assuming workington had a share of the 1200 or so on sun..........regardless of this, its the cup...luck of the draw...bring 'em on

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

So we've drawn warrington away :)

Damn and blast. ###### draw. Bitterly disappointed. Can't wait to go!

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

maybe snake1985 these one game wonders have families andcannot always get and yes you have touched on a nerve

Agreed, as long as we get a good turn out i'm not in the least bit bothered whether they only go to one game a year or all of them. It's their choice and they don't get to ride the Rovers rollercoaster, their loss.

maybe snake1985 these one game wonders have families andcannot always get and yes you have touched on a nerve

A bit like the 4000 headingley fans was my point, you dont see them at home game against likes of rochdale or workington, if you have a family why not bring them all to game.

touched a nerve or not i have a valid point about glory game hunters

voohli.jpg

Thats his point though snake - the financial burden of taking all the family to a game may wwell be too much for some families so they have to budget when/how many games the family can afford. Rochdale and/or Workington would probably not be at the top of the list - a cup run against high profile opposition and a possible tilt at the play-offs may well be priority games because they are much more attractive.

"Glory Hunters" or not, the more that go to Warrington = a bigger share out for Rovers!!! Bring em on!!

Being one who has been on his @rse financially, I can empathise with Kirkie's comments, though I do accept your notion that it would have been bloody nice to see a few of all those who went to Headingly in 07, make a more regular appearance at Post Office Road. A crowd of 2k ave would make the world of difference to the budget!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I thought we did compete, i thought the first 20-25 mins we were the better team, we were in the lead and they were on the ropes, they werent threatening and then the blakeway pass that got intercepted killed all the good work, second half class showed but had they not got that interception it might have been a diferent scoreline, we might not have won, but the scoreline may have been closer

Edited by elppaxr2i

my thoughts on that game was that Warrington never got out of 2nd gear.

We ran at them and gave them a giddy 20 mins. They soaked up the pressure, took their (sometimes gifted) opportunities, and when we tired they exposed a gap or two giving the final scoreline an over inflated tilt in their favour.

I got the impression that if they ever needed to increase the tempo, they could have done, without any problem. Whereas our lads did their very best - and they did so valliantly, and that's all I ask, the gulf in prep, depth, fitness and quality was there for all to see in the final analysis.

Not what most want to hear I'm sure, but that's how it was for me.

Unless a championship club draws a struggling SL club on their @rse, (and Warrington aren't one of those), the result is almost inevitable bar the shouting.

But at least we can shout!!!!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

ill still be expecting a win no matter who where playing B)

Well Harty, that used to be the case with Rovers in the Challenge Cup. There have been many famous giant killing feats pulled off by the lads in blue and white over the years but sadly that can't happen anymore, the magic of the Cup has been taken away hence its dip in popularity. If Rovers manage to stay within 30 points of a full strength Warrington it will be a monumental effort.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House

Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.picturehouseweddingfilms.co.uk/

Well Harty, that used to be the case with Rovers in the Challenge Cup. There have been many famous giant killing feats pulled off by the lads in blue and white over the years but sadly that can't happen anymore, the magic of the Cup has been taken away hence its dip in popularity. If Rovers manage to stay within 30 points of a full strength Warrington it will be a monumental effort.

To be brutally honest we haven't a hope in hell of beating Warrington, but i'm still going and i'll be giving it some to support FEV.

Keep the deficit below 30 and we have done very well.

Looking forward to going as I've never been to the ground before. Hopefully the tie will be on the Sunday afternoon.

it will be good to see how we have progressed since last season and our last visit to Wilderspool in the cup a few years ago forgotten what the score was though.

No disrespect to the players ability but its our cup final and reckon it will be closer than most think. I cvould be wrong as usual.

Good luck to the lads, lets let Super Dooper League know what they are missing :rolleyes: