Sky sports

lingard

So Sky have to charge less to other companies to air sports channels. Does this mean the end for SL? They are already talking of not investing in covering minor sports, so will Sky put an end to their relationship with there little puppy dog RFL?

It must certainley mean an end to covering the lower divisions.

With Sky gone who would bank roll Harlequins, Crusaders and the French connection.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

This is nothing to gloat about, since our game is 'top heavy' as it is, it'd be disasterous if the Sky money disappeared and the SL collapsed.

The RFL can complain to Ofcom all they want, but at the end of the day, it was down to them to find revenue sources from within the game, like the RFU did with the England friendlies that bring in around

Cummins Out.

This is nothing to gloat about, since our game is 'top heavy' as it is, it'd be disasterous if the Sky money disappeared and the SL collapsed.

Oh Matt, I'd laugh me bits off if sky collapsed and I really don't give a toss about SL! I don't think the impact on Championship clubs would be anywhere near as severe.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Read the whole OfCom ruling and you realise this is a good opportunity for sky to make even more money as well as cut wholesale prices to Virgin, BT etc.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Oh Matt, I'd laugh me bits off if sky collapsed and I really don't give a toss about SL! I don't think the impact on Championship clubs would be anywhere near as severe.

I know nothings stated, but it would surely have a knock on effect on Championship rugby somewhere along the line.

Cummins Out.

robin it would be pretty damn severe 30%-40% of rfl funding comes from sky and that cash filters down not to clubs as such but to the competitions

i dont think we need to worry sky make enough money in other areas HD, Muulitrooms n such they will want to prove its worth the money

plus with a cheaper price more people will subscribe so the revenue from sports will stay the say or go up

Edited by FEV-KT87

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

Hear hear Robin, it would be a day of sheer joy if sky went belly up. With the pittance we receive from RL like you i don't think it would have a massive effect on semi-pro clubs. SL clubs can go to hell on a handcart for all i care.

sky can also have some form of freeview box as part of the ruling -competition laws my ass

The regulator has said sky can offer sports and movie channels to the freeview platform if it agrees to drop it's wholesale prices. It's worth noting that sky shares rose on the release of this news.

The regulator has said sky can offer sports and movie channels to the freeview platform if it agrees to drop it's wholesale prices. It's worth noting that sky shares rose on the release of this news.

good news for some folk then !!

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

good news for some folk then !!

Correct mate, it just means sky will have to diversify to make money and in all probabilty will make even more money. The freeview platform currently has 10 million users.

Give it a rest Matt! If SL & Sky collapsed I would hold my own house party.

I really can't be arsed to explain why.

Keep watching Quins v Huddersfield and keep telling yourself that the top flight of our elite game is ok!

"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

Keep watching Quins v Huddersfield and keep telling yourself that the top flight of our elite game is ok!

I'm with you 100%, I'd be chuffed to little mint balls to see the end of SL and the return of RL...can I come to the party?

Give what a bleedin rest!? I never said the top flight was sound, only an idiot would (and by that I mean Richard Lewis or Nigel Wood), but c'mon, how could the game be stronger if Super League collapsed? it'd take years to recover (if it ever did recover that is).

Cummins Out.

My thoughts exactly. rather watch paint dry.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

My thoughts exactly. rather watch paint dry.

If we could get more Australian administrators and best Australian coaches over, that would all change, we had the chance once to just plunder the NRL for all its best coaches, but we spent it all on Steve Renouf.

Cummins Out.

If we could get more Australian administrators and best Australian coaches over, that would all change, we had the chance once to just plunder the NRL for all its best coaches, but we spent it all on Steve Renouf.

Quite. Australians are the ones to make our game great again. After all, it's worked well so far.

Is this a joke post Matt, cos i don't get it.