Live now on RLEF facebook...cracking game

• yanto changed the title to Live now on RLEF facebook...cracking game

Half-time. 6-20. 

Dutch have added an unconverted try since I've been watching. 

Italians gave away possession when they played the ball with no dummy-half after a handover. Sometimes have to wonder about the coaching at this level. Teams letting themselves down through ignorance of basic rules.

Edited by unapologetic pedant
correction

Posted (edited)

Take nothing away from the Dutch.Greece away and Italy away are the only games they have played. 

Big step up to Wales and Ireland but the Dames look well organised.

42-6 with 20 minutes to play..

Now 46-6 

Edited by yanto
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Biggest holiday here in the Netherlands.

I hope the Dames now enjoy Kingsday in Italy.

They deserve it.

Awesome performance 👏 👌 

Edited by yanto
  • Like 1

Italy 6 Netherlands 58

Officials were a pain. Robbed the Dutch of another score with a phantom forward pass call. Numerous phantom knock-ons. Strange sin-bin towards the end. Who are they?

Of the continental Euro nations, the Dutch have come from nowhere to now look the most capable of giving the French a game. Shouldn't be that costly to arrange. They'll improve with each game. Need to look at their PTB speed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Italy 6 Netherlands 58

Officials were a pain. Robbed the Dutch of another score with a phantom forward pass call. Numerous phantom knock-ons. Strange sin-bin towards the end. Who are they?

Harsh, I thought the (Serbian) ref had a great game! 

That sin-bin was for a blatant late shot about a minute after she had passed the ball. The sin-bin in the first half was because she pulled her down by the ponytail. 

The forward pass at the end, I agree with you, looked ok to me.

Very enjoyable game, anything but clinical! I would even recommend going and watching the replay, you will enjoy it!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, langpark said:

Harsh, I thought the (Serbian) ref had a great game! 

Almost every dropped ball, he pulled it up. Irrespective of direction. So many times could have been "Play On, Zero Tackle".

16 minutes ago, langpark said:

That sin-bin was for a blatant late shot about a minute after she had passed the ball. 

I'll take another look. Might have missed it by following the ball. 

19 minutes ago, langpark said:

Very enjoyable game, anything but clinical! I would even recommend going and watching the replay, you will enjoy it!

Breath of fresh air. As was Greece v Netherlands. The Dutch are a minor revelation. The offloads and depth in their attacking lines are a throwback to the 5m offside era.

25 minutes ago, langpark said:

The sin-bin in the first half was because she pulled her down by the ponytail. 

OMG this could trigger another anti-Scouser rant from @RBKnight.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

The sin-bin in the first half was because she pulled her down by the ponytail. 

OMG this could trigger another anti-Scouser rant from @RBKnight.

Saints should sign her up😂

Scousers are fine - it's the plaggy ones you have to watch

Tie up a few loose ends -

On 27/04/2024 at 16:09, unapologetic pedant said:

Italy 6 Netherlands 58

Result was 6-56.

Turns out the final conversion from right in front was missed. Touchies put their flags up....then down.

21 hours ago, langpark said:

That sin-bin was for a blatant late shot about a minute after she had passed the ball. 

Yep, fair call. That one was Adam-Blair-monstering-a-half-back late.

20 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Almost every dropped ball, he pulled it up. Irrespective of direction. So many times could have been "Play On, Zero Tackle".

Something about the way this ref signals knock-on winds me up. Like a Vic Reeves thigh-rubbing hubba hubba manoeuvre.

On 27/04/2024 at 15:17, unapologetic pedant said:

Group games against Wales and Ireland could be very interesting.

First Group A game yesterday - Wales 28 Ireland 10.

Say this quietly - Let's hope these WC qualifiers are for a tournament which will actually take place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Tie up a few loose ends -

Result was 6-56.

Turns out the final conversion from right in front was missed. Touchies put their flags up....then down.

Yep, fair call. That one was Adam-Blair-monstering-a-half-back late.

Something about the way this ref signals knock-on winds me up. Like a Vic Reeves thigh-rubbing hubba hubba manoeuvre.

First Group A game yesterday - Wales 28 Ireland 10.

Say this quietly - Let's hope these WC qualifiers are for a tournament which will actually take place.

Yes I initially did not spot the late hit either. Great thing about FB live is that you can rewind and watch something again, then go forward again to the live spot. I did that a few times, then by the time the scrum packs down, play resets, you have not actually missed any action.

"Throwback the the 5m era" is the perfect way to describe them actually.  

I see loads of potential in the Dutch side. They have all the skill, speed and size in their team to go all the way. However.... their completion rate was terrible and I believe a better team, like Wales, will punish that. 

Will be interesting to see, they play Ireland now on the 18th of May. 

• Like 1