Leigh V widnes

Rob Hemmi

Leigh look like a solid team but if we play well on Tuesday like we all know we can, we can beat them!!!!

I believe :-)

No matter what the result, always a true Fev fan.

"COME ON LADS MAKE US PROUD"

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They bullied Widnes with their size. As soon as Widnes sped up the play of the ball they looked a bit shaky.

If DP plans it right and they execute it well, the 3 points should be ours B)

The weak conform, the strong survive.

There was nothing special about Leigh tonight, their size mattered first half and they were ordinary second half against a poor Windies side, we scraped through against Windies without playing well, next game we were ######. We've had our blip now lets hope we get back on the bike and Leigh are having their blip (cos they will).

I'm certain they are beatable on Tuesday and i believe we will beat them

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

You did see our first two tries, didn't you?

I'll agree about the first 1, good hands but the second was woeful defence ;)

Did not see any Sky took it off my planner for some reason came to watch the match and nothing :O

It was because the game got demoted to 'press the red button', not seen as important as the tennis, motorsport, cricket, tiddlywinks, hide and seek championships that was on instead :dry:

You can't record this for some reason. Could be worse, you could of recorded Andy Murray attempting to play tennis :O

It was because the game got demoted to 'press the red button', not seen as important as the tennis, motorsport, cricket, tiddlywinks, hide and seek championships that was on instead :dry:

You can't record this for some reason. Could be worse, you could of recorded Andy Murray attempting to play tennis :O

Not the point is it Sky will be getting a nice strong mail from me to let them know what I think, not that it will make any difference to them why bother with sky + if they can do that.

I confident we can put up a good show, leigh arent up there for nothing, it all makes for a cracking game....bring it on!

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

Not the point is it Sky will be getting a nice strong mail from me to let them know what I think, not that it will make any difference to them why bother with sky + if they can do that.

Agreed, but they will just point out you could of recorded the repeat at 03:00am.

They don't give a toss just as long as they get your

The first time I've ever watched a championship game on Sky. Leigh were outstanding in the first 30 minutes and we should accept that as true rugby league fans. However, if you watched the attacks building up, they used Paul to hold the ball and as the next player in attack came forward, Paul would delay his pass for a split second allowing the player to overun and carry on without the ball. Paul would then pass to the next player coming in. The outcome is that the player going through without the ball was taking one or two defence The referee can't give obstruction as the player running in could have expected the ball. This is a tactic Millward has used at St Helens and Leigh before and unless the defence of the opposition is on the mark, will always create openings.

Saying that though Widnes did at times appear to be clueless in attack.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

The first time I've ever watched a championship game on Sky. Leigh were outstanding in the first 30 minutes and we should accept that as true rugby league fans. However, if you watched the attacks building up, they used Paul to hold the ball and as the next player in attack came forward, Paul would delay his pass for a split second allowing the player to overun and carry on without the ball. Paul would then pass to the next player coming in. The outcome is that the player going through without the ball was taking one or two defence The referee can't give obstruction as the player running in could have expected the ball. This is a tactic Millward has used at St Helens and Leigh before and unless the defence of the opposition is on the mark, will always create openings.

Very easy tactic to pinpoint, but not very easy to prevent - all Robbie will need to do is give it to the first receiver on the odd occasion and it will catch the defence on the hop, as happened with our last try last night. When you're stood in the defensive line, you can't help but move towards any players that look as though as they are set to receive the ball, even when you have a nagging doubt that they are just a dummy runner.

You did see our first two tries, didn't you?

I did mate and entertaining though they were they were as a result of Windies mistakes, as i believe all your tries were, don't get me wrong, i enjoyed watching the passing when you kept the ball alive like the harlem globetrotters but i feel against a sterner opposition you may have got found out a little

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

Close Robbie Paul down and win the game, simple! :lol:

Not just Robbie, they are well covered in all departments, but still beatable if you don't allow them to dictate.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Leigh are worthy opponents this season im glad they stayed up, its set this league on fire! We will have to be on top form to beat them but its doable and I think we are probably the main rivals to them this season.

UP THE ROVERS!

Leigh are worthy opponents this season im glad they stayed up, its set this league on fire! We will have to be on top form to beat them but its doable and I think we are probably the main rivals to them this season.

we wont beat them going down the middle, there a big tought set with good linespeed. if we swing the ball about we will get plenty of chances, the odd time widnes exploited them out wide they always came away with something. they stack there defence really tight so leave plenty of room on the fringes and with zac and tommys pace we can come away with something.

Just repeat your NRC performance and you`ll be ok.......... ;)

Wishful thinking Mr. Smythe :D:D