Rovers shirts , Your favorite ?

genesis

Just been diggin through my Rovers shirts. Wondered what were your favorites, My top 3 are

1 Beazer homes Blue and orange

2 Linpack Blue and whie hoops

3 LionHeart Blue and white cross with Rovers on the back

Funny how they all have collars ?

the 'crossed' lionheart was a cracking shirt Tim, but the Linpac style hooped shirt will always be my fav.

It's about time we gave it another run don't you think?

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I enjoyed the Maroon Beazer home away one we had.

The Tango one was cool.

Old Linpac is always good though. Used to like the old red away linpac as well.

There was a Cronulla-esque one from 80s that was nice. Used to be a pic of Steadman in it in the clubhouse.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

the 'crossed' lionheart was a cracking shirt Tim,

Funny that you mention that one, im wearing Matt Bramalds number 1 shirt from that season (1999)

My favourite was the 2001 shirt, it was a blue version of the one Ireland used in the 2000 RLWC.

Cummins Out.

the 'crossed' lionheart was a cracking shirt Tim, but the Linpac style hooped shirt will always be my fav.

i the lionheart shirt was a beutie, the shirt the academy won the grand final in :D , still got my shirt from that day. got a load of old rovers shirts think the blue and white kooga has to be my favourite though, excellent quality and very smart. also think this years shirt is a nice design.

I enjoyed the Maroon Beazer home away one we had.

The Tango one was cool.

Old Linpac is always good though. Used to like the old red away linpac as well.

There was a Cronulla-esque one from 80s that was nice. Used to be a pic of Steadman in it in the clubhouse.

I prefer the blue narrow hooped shirt. I used to think the red one looked smart. I never saw us win a match wearing it though. IIRC we played Bradford in the 1989 Yorkshire cup final wearing those shirts and were very unlucky on the day.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Robin, If someone could replecate the the old blue and white, To an up to date spec, ( Frontline was good apart from those shockin short sleves. Uk Coal was a good attempt apart from that shocker of a Sticker whelded on to the middle). The Elgren "Copy Consultants" shirt. with a collar and the trad blue and white hoops, Rovers on the back and the club crest on the right hand sleave. ?? Well I dream.

The Lin-pac one was my favourite by far, but I reckon that's as much to do with the team at the time as the design of the shirt. I still have two playing shirts from that era, one given to me by John Gilbert, the other by Kenny Kellet and I can't get into either of them....by men were thin in the 70's and 80's!

Also liked the light blue rjb mining one with vertical dark blue stripes, the one we beat hull away at the bulluevard in, when ty fallins and Davy kimmel and that lot played, only season I haven't had a shirt that too.

Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

Robin, If someone could replecate the the old blue and white, To an up to date spec, ( Frontline was good apart from those shockin short sleves. Uk Coal was a good attempt apart from that shocker of a Sticker whelded on to the middle). The Elgren "Copy Consultants" shirt. with a collar and the trad blue and white hoops, Rovers on the back and the club crest on the right hand sleave. ?? Well I dream.

I hated the uk coal one, as I work for uk coal and didn't like going into work in it, people thought I was sad wearin a work top

Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

Yeah liked the 'copy consultants' blue and white hoops was a decent shirt and if memory serves me right the shirt that followed that in 91/92 Season was basically the same apart from it had beazer homes on the front. Would definately take an update version of this shirt either with a collar or without and the old crest would have to be on it somewhere. Quite like the idea of having both a long sleeved option and a short sleeved.