Barry Mac-isms

on a similar vein to the rocket surgeon he actually originally came out with "you dont have to be a brain scientist to ..." about 4 yrs ago on TV.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

on a similar vein to the rocket surgeon he actually originally came out with "you dont have to be a brain scientist to ..." about 4 yrs ago on TV.

Although Barry was a great rugby player ( i always thought he was a dirty sod ) i think hes a superb commentator, and i rather listen to his comments than those of the 2 grumpy old men, yes and i do believe he as a soft spot for Featherstone aswell.

Im Fev and im proud

He's a character and a good part of the commentary team. He's also improving his technique, from the overly jokey Baz & Tez era into something with a bit more to say.

I really liked his autobiography. He has a lot of good words to say about Tommy Smales who really helped his career.

Not sure if he has a soft spot for Fev or not, but those SKY commentaries this season always make me feel that Bill Arthur really doesn't like us for some reason. He always talks up the opposition far more than us. He bugs me.

Top bloke is Barry Mac, love to listen to what he has to say, maybe the Club should send him a shirt, he can stick up for us when the other idiots and going on about how good super duper is.

Did anyone see that Wakefield v Hull match last weekend the biggest load of trash I have seen in a long time?

he certainly doesnt have a one eyed view :P

''stop on the island son''

as a 3/4 gets closer to their touch line!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Top bloke is Barry Mac, love to listen to what he has to say, maybe the Club should send him a shirt, he can stick up for us when the other idiots and going on about how good super duper is.

Did anyone see that Wakefield v Hull match last weekend the biggest load of trash I have seen in a long time?

Tried to watch but decided to watch paint dry instead. Even the crowd were not excited and the powers that be be wander why attendances are falling. Bring back promotion and relegation adds a bit of spice into competitions. Winners and loosers promotion and relegation.

sorry is that swearing. I consider my wrists slapped

Teams do have off days as did we at Keighley. We as Fev fans were also unusually quiet reflecting the poor game. Having said that the two commentators(so called)find it very hard to talk up a game that does not involve Saints, Wigan or the Rhinos. Danny Mcguire recently picked up a loose ball on half way and raced away to score. The commentary team were in raptures but it would be doubtful whether Briggs would have been afforded the same accolade when he scored the one that he did against Leigh last week,

Ming and Mong have just been raving how good the local derbys are and how the passion and atmosphere are the poodles swingers during the Hull derby.

If the expansionists get there way the nearest derby game will be Wigan v Madrid :unsure:

Seems a bit double standards really, but I suppose it all depends on which script they get each week. Either be all for expansion and knock the derby games, or rave about the derbys and criticise expansionism. Don't have your cake and eat it, you pair of Dilberts :dry::dry:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Ming and Mong have just been raving how good the local derbys are and how the passion and atmosphere are the poodles swingers during the Hull derby.

If the expansionists get there way the nearest derby game will be Wigan v Madrid :unsure:

Seems a bit double standards really, but I suppose it all depends on which script they get each week. Either be all for expansion and knock the derby games, or rave about the derbys and criticise expansionism. Don't have your cake and eat it, you pair of Dilberts :dry::dry:

Agreed, entertaining game though :)

Before the England V France game at Doncaster last year, Richard Taylor, myself and Rory Loxton were speaking with the Sky team. In all honesty, both Barry Mac and Terry O'Conner said they would be surprised if Featherstone weren't one of the leaders in our league this season. Whenever I had an oportunity to speak with Barry, he was always a top bloke and a very witty man too. We need great characters in the game and Barry is one of them, love him or hate him. I love him, but not when he played against us.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.