nigel wood

And there you have it "the fat lady sings" :lol:

I could not resist, with all the talk of it isnt over till the FLS how fitting Mr Wood should chime in now. Good to hear some praise though, especially about the youth in the team. With the likes of Briggs, Zak, Smeaton, Wellham, Divorty, Manning, kaye all in their late teens early twenties, it has been a great achievement.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

"This is a terrific achievement by everyone at Featherstone Rovers and on behalf of the RFL I would like to extend my congratulations on their success," said Wood.

"The Co-operative Championship has been as competitive in 2010 as we have grown accustomed to and Featherstone have had to work very hard to win the League Leaders' Shield.

"What is particularly pleasing is the way in which Daryl Powell has built his team around a group of very talented young English players who have represented Featherstone with pride all year long.

So what about a tick in a box then Nigel? Or is victory in the Northern Rail Final more worthy than a season long campaign? I'm sure we'd all like to hear your answer.

Edited by Terry Mullaney

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House

Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.picturehouseweddingfilms.co.uk/

come on terry we knew the rules at least hes offering some praise. up the rovers!!

Yes Matthew, I know and we all knew the rules at the outset but it's a nonsense obviously. Does that make it right for the future? If I thought his praise was in the slightest sincere I'd be confident he would change things for next season. Time will tell.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House

Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.picturehouseweddingfilms.co.uk/

The criteria could be 'only a team called rovers can qualify' and we wouldnt get in this time. lets enjoy it and take the praise.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Yes Matthew, I know and we all knew the rules at the outset but it's a nonsense obviously. Does that make it right for the future? If I thought his praise was in the slightest sincere I'd be confident he would change things for next season. Time will tell.

Nigel did qualify his remarks by stating that Featherstone know the job is not yet done and that the champions will be the one's who win the Grand Final.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

He's damned either way.

Say nowt, and he's ignoring our achievement.

Say something and his comments are hollow and insincere.

The bloke can't win.

There are those that appreciate his comments and acknowledgement of Fev's fantastic achievements so far this season.

I'm not one of them. I have little faith or confidence in the man! Purely my own thoughts you understand!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

come on terry we knew the rules at least hes offering some praise. up the rovers!!

For winning the league you used to get promoted, now all we get is praise, for me he can shove his praise where the sun dont shine

Fair enough mate. Still an enjoyable day and something to be proud of, just need to win that GF now!

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Fair enough mate. Still an enjoyable day and something to be proud of, just need to win that GF now!

I always enjoy watching Rovers, but yes it was agreat day and hopefully a few more to follow before the season is out. Be nice if we could get a huge crowd for the semi and put some much needed cash the clubs way

A bit like the school bully praising you for taking a punch well. Not all praise is necessarily worthwhile.

Agreed.

Its like he had to do it as his position required it!!

Say a few words and appease them and they will be happy :dry:

The weak conform, the strong survive.