Halifax Fan

darrenk

Why are the emergency messages pre-recorded? Isn't there a bloke with a microphone who could issue an appropriate message live? Pre-recorded messages of a general nature (eg. statements about the club's policy on racism or adverts for upcoming games) are fine, but in an emergency, you can't cover every possible eventuality in advance but a bloke with a microphone can issue appropriate messages at the right time.

There was two other people talking over the recorded message - Was a bit of a farce at one stage, with the who i presume to be the saftey officer talking while the PA announcer was talking as well.

There was two other people talking over the recorded message - Was a bit of a farce at one stage, with the who i presume to be the saftey officer talking while the PA announcer was talking as well.

That really is poor. It is easy to arrange for the other mikes to be locked out while one is being used - even the most basic airports manage this. If that is beyond the capability of the stadium, then one bloke has the mike and the others report to him by a walkie-talkie system for him to relay the information to the fans.

Rocket science it isn't!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

That really is poor. It is easy to arrange for the other mikes to be locked out while one is being used - even the most basic airports manage this. If that is beyond the capability of the stadium, then one bloke has the mike and the others report to him by a walkie-talkie system for him to relay the information to the fans.

Rocket science it isn't!

Yep, pretty poor, I wonder if the confusion was due to it being an RFL staged event and there being different announcers etc. although either way, there should bee set processes in place.

Interestingly the Warrington Guardian has stated that the fire was started intentionally:

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/8...l_Jones/?ref=mr

Four more posts deleted, two causing trouble and two innocent replies from others.

Enough. Can people simply not get that we've gone way beyond tolerance on members of this board singling out individual clubs for their fans' behaviour?

This is a very public warning to the forum at large. We've had to spend far too much time moderating seven separate threads and giving three posters short suspensions over this one subject, we are not that bothered if we have to suspend even more regardless of how many posts they've made or what level of tolerance we've shown in the past.

It is a valid subject for discussion but it needs to get to a higher level than the tribal drivel that we've seen over the last day and a half.

Edit: four suspensions now that I've had time to think about it.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Yep, pretty poor, I wonder if the confusion was due to it being an RFL staged event and there being different announcers etc. although either way, there should bee set processes in place.

Interestingly the Warrington Guardian has stated that the fire was started intentionally:

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/8...l_Jones/?ref=mr

I didn't know positive pressure were playing - but it's a good job their fans were there by the sound of it ;)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I hope the Fev Club and fans try and help the Police find this thug. The game and Featherstone do not need thugs like this connected to them. #### (The Person not Fev fans) like this need to be caught. As I understand the Police do have a couple of leads, but any more help is appreciated obviously-even the slightest information. The Police number is 08454580000 or crimestoppers on 0800555111.

It personally really sickens and hurts me more than normal, as I know Dave and his parents since 20 years. Dave is a decent guy, who is not one for getting drunk or acting like an idiot-like a number of fans from both sides were sadly on Sunday. He is around 5 foot 7 and 10 stone and probably somebody thought "Easy target" as was not in a group as such. He travelled on one Supporters Bus and his elderly parents in their 70s, on another supporters Bus.

I had hoped the RFL would make a Statement about not just this awful vicious incident, but the whole day which saw a number of nasty incidents from fans of both sides, in various ways both in and around the Stadium. I had hoped the RFL would have announced that they would conduct a review of the whole day and what happened and what improvements can be made. I also feel the Police and all clubs and Warrington Stadium officials should be involved.

Maybe alcohol should not be served in the stadium or people who are drunk and abusive not allowed in the stadium. Shutting of Pubs within 1 mile of a stadium. It seems most of the problems are alcohol related. Sadly a number of idiots have ruined the day for many others. And one thug has ruined the life of a decent guy who went simply to watch Fax. To say I am so disillussioned with the way things happened and how it has been handled afterwards is an understatement. I personally will never visit Featherstone again sadly because of what happened to Dave but also the general atmosphere between the sets of fans on the day. I expect a lot of tension in the next few years when the teams play. That does not make me want to go and watch Rugby with that type of atmosphere around. Maybe some Fev fans feel the same about visiting fax in future. What should have been a great day out for fans of various clubs, not just Fax, Fev, Oldham, York, Warrington Wizards and Underbank has been turned in to one of the saddest and worst days in the history of our game.

I hope the Fev Club and fans try and help the Police find this thug. The game and Featherstone do not need thugs like this connected to them. #### (The Person not Fev fans) like this need to be caught. As I understand the Police do have a couple of leads, but any more help is appreciated obviously-even the slightest information. The Police number is 08454580000 or crimestoppers on 0800555111.

It personally really sickens and hurts me more than normal, as I know Dave and his parents since 20 years. Dave is a decent guy, who is not one for getting drunk or acting like an idiot-like a number of fans from both sides were sadly on Sunday. He is around 5 foot 7 and 10 stone and probably somebody thought "Easy target" as was not in a group as such. He travelled on one Supporters Bus and his elderly parents in their 70s, on another supporters Bus.

I had hoped the RFL would make a Statement about not just this awful vicious incident, but the whole day which saw a number of nasty incidents from fans of both sides, in various ways both in and around the Stadium. I had hoped the RFL would have announced that they would conduct a review of the whole day and what happened and what improvements can be made. I also feel the Police and all clubs and Warrington Stadium officials should be involved.

Maybe alcohol should not be served in the stadium or people who are drunk and abusive not allowed in the stadium. Shutting of Pubs within 1 mile of a stadium. It seems most of the problems are alcohol related. Sadly a number of idiots have ruined the day for many others. And one thug has ruined the life of a decent guy who went simply to watch Fax. To say I am so disillussioned with the way things happened and how it has been handled afterwards is an understatement. I personally will never visit Featherstone again sadly because of what happened to Dave but also the general atmosphere between the sets of fans on the day. I expect a lot of tension in the next few years when the teams play. That does not make me want to go and watch Rugby with that type of atmosphere around. Maybe some Fev fans feel the same about visiting fax in future. What should have been a great day out for fans of various clubs, not just Fax, Fev, Oldham, York, Warrington Wizards and Underbank has been turned in to one of the saddest and worst days in the history of our game.

What a shameful act. I wonder if the coward(s) who did this ever stepped onto a rugby field? It has to be said this incident isn't a true reflection of the majority of Featherstone supporters, but they will be tarred with it nonetheless in some quarters. Somebody will know the culprit(s): I hope anyone with the reputation of Featherstone Rovers RLFC at heart, and a measure of plain human decency, will report the person(s) to the police.

Very eloquently put LRL, though I bet they're words you never thought you'd have to write regarding a Rugby League match, and they're words I never thought I'd read about a game of Rugby League neither.

Sadly I suspect they won't be the last unless those that have the power to act, do so and do so quickly.

As I understand the Police do have a couple of leads, but any more help is appreciated obviously-even the slightest information. The Police number is 08454580000 or crimestoppers on 0800555111.

A good point at which to close this down now, I think. Enough of the blame game before anyone else says anything they might live to regret. If you have any information about this incident, pass it onto the police and let them deal with it.

Thanks