Foster signs new two year Bulls deal

Foster signs new two year Bulls deal

Goal kicking Winger Jamie Foster has signed a new two year contract with the Bulls and will remain at the Provident Stadium until the end of the 2015 season.
Foster, who is 22 years of age, joined the Bulls from St Helens in the close season and immediately made a big impact at the club kicking 38 goals and scoring 2 tries in 10 appearances before he was injured against Rochdale Hornets.
“It’s a massive confidence boost for me to get this new contract," said Foster. “The deal was very easy to agree and I was quick to sign on the dotted line.  I'm just really excited about what the future holds now.
“We know it’s a building process here at Bradford to challenge the big clubs again but we’re all hungry for it. I think if you’re have the hunger then you’re halfway there already.
"Omar Khan has come in and bought the club and there is a tremendous feeling here now.  The club is certainly going places.”

Click here to view the article

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

is it a fact that players flourish under coaches who played in their position? the kids only 22, think saints were a bit rash to get rid of him so early myself.

Saints didn't get rid of him directly, just made it almost impossible for him to stay.  Mike Rush dropped him the minute he took over from Simmons and didn't give him a chance thereafter.  When Foster asked Brown whether he would get regular game time Brown couldn't confirm that so he took his chances at Bradford.  I didn't want him to leave us personally as I thought he had lots to offer on the wing, and at fullback too where his very good reading of the game and positioning is very useful, but clearly he wasn't valued by Saints and from his comments on Twitter and elsewhere since being involved in contract talks with the Bulls I get the impression that has changed considerably at his new club where clearly he feels valued.  That will do him the world of good and I hope he has a successful Superleague career.

This is good news and a promising sign of things to come, hopefully we'll get a few more signed up soon.

Yeah, I'm pretty pleased. Don't think he's ever had anything less than a solid performance for us yet. A real fan favourite in the making for us I feel.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

I understand there might have been an issue with his off field activities, well his barber shop and his big use of Twitter, which maybe didn't sit well with the Saints heirarchy.

However Saints were frankly stupid to let him go. Foster on the wing and Meli at centre was a pretty good left edge combination for Saints in 2011, and I'll never forget the ball round the back try Foster scored that year at Leeds.

Foster may not be the biggest/ fastest winger in the sport, but he can score tries and kicks goals with his eyes shut. Got to be a big bonus for a team when you know 8 times out of 10 that 4 points will become 6.

I understand there might have been an issue with his off field activities, well his barber shop and his big use of Twitter, which maybe didn't sit well with the Saints heirarchy..

I doubt that was the case, especially when you consider that Jon Wilkin has had his sandwich shop going for years.  In fact, Jon Wilkin provided Foster with advice when he was setting up his barber shop.  The only issue that ever appeared, and appeared with boring repetition, was from blokes of a certain age who frankly made themselves look stupid with their catty comments about his hairstyle and tweets.  Saints even interviewed Foster to give him opportunity to answer his critics and like every time I met him he came across as a decent and grounded lad of (then) 21 who just enjoyed normal things that lads of 21 tend to enjoy, but with a clear (and somewhat endearing) respect for his granddad.

We've also taken Jacob Fairbank on loan from Huddersfield for a month, not what I was expecting, hopefully he does a good job and can stay the season. I'm a little suspect with the Giants up at the Magic Weekend he'll be in then out again but cheers to Paul Anderson for giving us and him the opportunity. His uncle Karl was before my rugby watching time but by all accounts he was a good 'un too, a lot of fans are happy to see that name in a Bradford shirt again.

I think Bradford have done well to keep Foster. I was often impressed by his performances for Saints, and he'll improve with age and experience, too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

We've also taken Jacob Fairbank on loan from Huddersfield for a month, not what I was expecting, hopefully he does a good job and can stay the season. I'm a little suspect with the Giants up at the Magic Weekend he'll be in then out again but cheers to Paul Anderson for giving us and him the opportunity. His uncle Karl was before my rugby watching time but by all accounts he was a good 'un too , a lot of fans are happy to see that name in a Bradford shirt again.

That, my friend, is the understatement of the century.

Great to see Foster sign.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.