Q&A Mexican rugby league

Thanks for the link - a very interesting rad.

Love the story of the Black & Blues' name! 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just to muddy the waters further my daughter just played hockey in the Central American and Caribbean games in Veracruz, Mexico and neither North or South American teams, save Guyana, who have a British history, were involved. Mexico and Cuba were the big dogs in that fight.

They play hockey down there?

Thanks SJ, that was a great read.

They play hockey down there?

Thanks SJ, that was a great read.

Sorry to create a bit of thread drift but yes they do. The former British carribbean islands all play and the Dominican republic emerged as a power tying the powerful Cubans and losing on penalties in the finals. Mexico are strong also. Further south Argentina are amongst the world's best.

Next to the hockey field was the rugby field and a first 7's tournament was taking place with a Mexican team competing so this thread about the formation of RL in Mexico is timely. We need not be afraid of RU down here, just be aware of it.The presence of 7's in these games , next years more prestigious Pan American Games and the Olympic games is a huge plus for RU though when expanding into these new areas.

He is spending time translating the rules into Spanish. Surely thats been done in the Spanish game. If not there must be others who can do that sort of stuff. Its the sort of low cost help that RLEF or others can do or do do and coordinate for emerging countries

thanks for the feed back guys, thus far the second half of questions haven't been sent back yet.

to answer the question about being published, not quite sure if you mean in a magazine or another rugby website. I have been ask before by a few other sites if i wanted to join them and write articles for them but i just can do it. between family and full time work as is i barely get a few articles out as is. plus this format is more enjoyable for me and more passion, i can write and put stuff out at my own pace. i am a  rugby fan in general and equally write for union and league.

@LLRugby

He is spending time translating the rules into Spanish. Surely thats been done in the Spanish game. If not there must be others who can do that sort of stuff. Its the sort of low cost help that RLEF or others can do or do do and coordinate for emerging countries

I suggested they get in touch with the Spanish RL to help with common problems they will encounter.

rldfsignature.jpg

thanks for the feed back guys, thus far the second half of questions haven't been sent back yet.

to answer the question about being published, not quite sure if you mean in a magazine or another rugby website. I have been ask before by a few other sites if i wanted to join them and write articles for them but i just can do it. between family and full time work as is i barely get a few articles out as is. plus this format is more enjoyable for me and more passion, i can write and put stuff out at my own pace. i am a rugby fan in general and equally write for union and league.

I am sure the 5th and last magazine would publish it in its current form. As its an noncommercial magazine for charity.

Your article is a great read.

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone, so i just finally got internet set up at my new house. sadly the second half of questions wont be done instead mexico rugby league has sent me a presentation they just held recently with much information and will try and break it down for you all in the coming days

@LLRugby

Next to the hockey field was the rugby field and a first 7's tournament was taking place with a Mexican team competing so this thread about the formation of RL in Mexico is timely. We need not be afraid of RU down here, just be aware of it.The presence of 7's in these games , next years more prestigious Pan American Games and the Olympic games is a huge plus for RU though when expanding into these new areas.

Oh, field.... I see what happened there.

:biggrin:

I would love to see the day, where teams from the Southern and Northern Americas, play a RL tournament in Central America, as a prelude to a world cup tournament. Some of the American nations are developing well; we live in hope!

Teams in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Southern Pacific, it's great growth. Maybe we should have more inclusion of the developing nations, despite their standards; in all future events.

• 3 weeks later...

I am terribly sorry for the long delay, it hasn't been easy moving to another state and diving right into work.

I did my best to simplify the information sent over to me from MRL. it was pretty simple stuff, but nothing on if there is any major sponsors in the works or prospects of working with a major club. I so plan on doing another Q&A with black and blues.

the article is up if anyone wants to take a look, it aint much

@LLRugby

Archived