New signing

Tom Coates

He can and has played centre and winger.

The information we received was that the club has signed centre Jason Crookes - whether this is an insight in to Glenn's plans for him, I don't know.

He's a very elusive and aggressive runner of the ball in the mould of Dale Morton and has a low centre of gravity.

I'm still keen to see who'll be our full-back in Fieldhouse's absence.

I'm not sure Crookes will, but his arrival could mean Pryce switches there. I also think Grant can play there.

Grant, Morton and Hyde can all play at full back.

Is this the best backline we've had since the days of Nathan Graham, Dennis Bailey, Darren Rogers, Marquis Charles and Eddie Rombo?

On another note will be interesting to see where Matty Wildie plays, when I saw him play for Wakey he always played 9 which looked his natural position but has the 6 shirt for us.

What does anyone else think?

Early days yet, but from what I've seen of him as a number 6, I don't think he is as good as Hyde - just my opinion.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Is this the best backline we've had since the days of Nathan Graham, Dennis Bailey, Darren Rogers, Marquis Charles and Eddie Rombo?

On another note will be interesting to see where Matty Wildie plays, when I saw him play for Wakey he always played 9 which looked his natural position but has the 6 shirt for us.

I would imagine that Wildie will play at Stand-off with Godwin and Wright rotating at hooker!

Early days yet, but from what I've seen of him as a number 6, I don't think he is as good as Hyde - just my opinion.

I'm with you on this grumpy I rate Hyde unlike some of the supporters on the south stand!!

I would imagine that Wildie will play at Stand-off with Godwin and Wright rotating at hooker!

I think Glenn will start with Wildie at 6 & Brown at 13 with maybe Godwin at hooker,then when the interchanges start Glenn will move players around depending how the game is going. Only my opinion of course!!!

a good signing thats for sure.think the lad will make it look easy compared to SL. you dewsbury fans must be well suited with this squad you have for 2015.if you can keep them fit and together for a couple a seasons you will be well up in the top 4,i look forward to some good rugby and a few suprises on these friday night games at teabag stadium.. :bb: going to be a busy time for us both this season and i cant wait.

He can and has played centre and winger.

He's a very elusive and aggressive runner of the ball in the mould of Dale Morton and has a low centre of gravity.

I'm not sure anyone who has seen him play regularly would suggest he's better at centre than wing, but we'll see. Not sure "elusive" is the right word, but aggressive for sure, and he can finish if he gets the opportunities. Dewsbury sure to be very solid this year I'd say.

Not sure they will be as good as the invincibles - Powell,Spurr,Epati and Buchanan, but definitely promising.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Good quality signing,plenty of big game experience,still young and will still have hopes of getting back into Super League,which mean he will be putting in the effect.With Fieldhouse not going to be fully fit for a while yet,I can see Pryce back playing at 1,does a good job there,with Grady and Crookes centre,nice problem to have when Fieldhouse is fully fit.Keep the players free of injury (wishful thinking),we should be pushing round the top six.

Crookes might be a quality signing, but I fear for the likes of Beckett and Scott (he is supposed to be a centre isn't he?) getting into the first team squad.

Beckett has certainly improved since his long injury lay off and I don't think his defence is suspect. We've probably forgotten what Scott can do since he has been out for a lengthy period, but I seem to recall he has defensive "wanderings"!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Greg Scott is mega quick but is suspect in defence as is Morton for that matter although he's good going forward. I reckon we may see our new centre on the wing more then centre.. And also reckon pryce will be fullback vs Sheffield but would not suprise me if Hyde started at fullback and glen puts prycey in the centres up against yere.. Tough choices for Glenn but a good problem to have I suppose and keeps the lads on their toes

As for the invisibles back line... We played in a Micky mouse league that year the championship is a lot stronger

And this years crop apart from Grady and Pryce have still to prove themselves, and it's impossible to judge how they would fare in ch1 unless things go badly wrong this season. Just saying the invincibles were an impressive group and we won't know about the 2015 squad until we are under way. Gregg Scott "mega quick" ? - glad you don't pick the British Olympic sprint team. ;)

George Bernard Shaw.

Greg Scott is mega quick but is suspect in defence as is Morton for that matter although he's good going forward. I reckon we may see our new centre on the wing more then centre.. And also reckon pryce will be fullback vs Sheffield but would not suprise me if Hyde started at fullback and glen puts prycey in the centres up against yere.. Tough choices for Glenn but a good problem to have I suppose and keeps the lads on their toes

I'm sure Scott played at centre when we originally got him from Widnes. 

Archived