Training 2night

troutmaster

Didn't a young Andy Farrell come on as substitute in that game as well?     The Regal Trophy and it was the second attempt to play it after it had been frozen off first time.

I still claim we were robbed that day of good result.   We got the score back to 12 - 18 and Wigan went for a drop goal.   They threw the ball back to Botica and every other Wigan player was in front of him.   His kick hit the posts and dropped down and as a Town player tried to catch the ball he was tackled by a Wigan player and he knocked on.   The ref gave a scrum instead of a penalty to Town and from the scrum they scored a try and won 24 - 12.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Tuigamala?

No he didn't sign for Wigan until late 1993.     I have the match on video but I no longer have a video player.   Does anyone know where I can get them put on to discs?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

My memory is terrible and I was usually half cut back in the good old days. Not sure why these are the bits I remember/ dreamt but is this the match when Pickering bossed Skerrett and absolutely nailed him in one tackle who was claimed to be one of the best props around and Martin Wallace caught I think Offiah running down the wing in front of the grandstand?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

No he didn't sign for Wigan until late 1993. I have the match on video but I no longer have a video player. Does anyone know where I can get them put on to discs?

I had loads of videos keith and then out went the video player ... I contacted Peter and he gave me the season videos 92-3 , 93-4 and 94-5 on DVD , which are fantastic and I still watch . Not sure about single games but he still had the season review videos to copy

Anyone fancy a go at naming towns team that day? Here's my go

1 mark mulligan

2 Paul bond

3 tony Kay

4 brad hepi

5 David lowden

6 Wayne kitchen

7 dean marwood

8 James Pickering

9 mark Roswell

10 Peter Riley

11 Ian Scott

12 Colin Armstrong

13???

Don't think ged Byrne, Des Drummond or Phil Mckenzie had signed by that point

Anyone fancy a go at naming towns team that day? Here's my go

1 mark mulligan

2 Paul bond

3 tony Kay

4 brad hepi

5 David lowden

6 Wayne kitchen

7 dean marwood

8 James Pickering

9 mark Roswell

10 Peter Riley

11 Ian Scott

12 Colin Armstrong

13???

Don't think ged Byrne, Des Drummond or Phil Mckenzie had signed by that point

Close!

1 Mulligan

2 Penrice

3 Kay

4 Burns

5 Bond

6 Carter

7 Marwood

8 Schubert

9 Roskell

10 Riley

11 Oglanby

12 Armstrong

13 Hepi

14 Smith

15 Scott

Try's Mulligan and Penrice

goals 2 Marwood

Attendance 7682

Found the Wigan team

This site is a good source of stats, Wigan-centred and they also give you all the RL that is on TV in the coming week

http://www.rugbyleagueontv.co.uk/

Botica

Panapa

Bell

Farrar

Offiah

Edwards

Robinson

Cowie

Dermott

Skerrett

Betts

Platt

Clarke

Subs Farrell (well done Keith) and BJ Mather

In the next game for Wigan Robinson was on the bench and replaced Offiah after and then the game after that he was on the wing, though he had played stand off and on the wing before the Town game

Archived