Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Dragons hooker Mitch Rein is off contract this year and says he’s in no hurry to sign a new deal with St George Illawarra.

A Kiama Knights junior, Rein has spent his entire NRL career with St George Illawarra and has racked up 107 games for the club since making his senior debut in 2011.

Rein’s position looked under threat when it was rumoured the club was chasing the signature of disgruntled Tigers veteran Robbie Farah during the off-season.

That pursuit fell through, but it certainly showed the Dragons’ intent, and cast doubts over Rein’s future in the Red V.

Rein has now revealed he has no time frame on putting pen to paper to shore up his future.

Edited by G Las D

Dane Neilsen just signed a two year deal with the Bunnies. A very lucky man at 30 to have got that as he`s not exactly set the world on fire since he left Melbourne!

There is no doubt about Madge he loves cheep & or old wingers/centers.

surely there must be better options coming through Souths own system than Neilson.

There is and that's the part I struggle to get my head around with these bizarre signings Maguire makes . Young Travetta Cotterall & Angus Crichton are both very exciting prospects yet Maguire prefers to persist with the likes of Neilson, Joel Reddy, Oldfield, Milard etc etc etc.

Honestly I will be forever grateful he delivered us the 2014 premiership but his recruitment & retention skills are a real concern to me. 

There is and that's the part I struggle to get my head around with these bizarre signings Maguire makes . Young Travetta Cotterall & Angus Crichton are both very exciting prospects yet Maguire prefers to persist with the likes of Neilson, Joel Reddy, Oldfield, Milard etc etc etc.

Honestly I will be forever grateful he delivered us the 2014 premiership but his recruitment & retention skills are a real concern to me.

Belamy has had great success in bringing in journeymen players and making them better,having worked under him I'm sure he's trying to do the same but big Lote apart,has been unsuccessful.

Hears a list of who Maguire has let walk from South Sydney since taking over

Nathan Peats, Issac Luke , Ben Te'o, Luke Burgess, Josh Starling, Dylan Walker, Apisai Koroisau, Dylan Farrell, Beau Champion, Josh Mansour, Chris Grevsmuhl (Signed for 2017 with panthers), Chris Mcqueen, Tim Grant ( Not that anyone cares), Dave Taylor, Glenn Stewart.

To name a few.

Then you look at who he has brought in as far as I'm concerned only Ben Te'o, Lote Tuqiri & Possibly Angus Crichton have been any good but even then Lote was a one year success & Ben Te'o was allowed to walk away, Angus Crichton is the most promising of the Maguire signings.

Edited by RabbitRhinoovOZ

St George Illawarra fans will have Billy Slater to thank should Kurt Mann immediately fire at fullback this season.

The No. 1 contender to take over Josh Dugan’s No. 1 Red V jumper spent precious time working with Slater during his three seasons in Melbourne.

Billy was really helpful for my game, and when training at fullback he always told me to be on the ball, that was his big thing,’’ Mann said.

Dragons coach Paul McGregor will only grant Dugan his wish to shift to the centres this season should Mann fire at the back during the Charity Shield.

Melbourne Storm five-eighth Blake Green will captain the Club at next week’s Auckland Nines.

Green has been selected to lead the team at the two-day pre-season tournament in what shapes as a further boost to the playmaker’s leadership credentials.

Despite entering just his second season in Melbourne, Green has already emerged as a strong leader amongst a playing group that now boasts an ideal mix of established and emerging talent.

Green played every minute of every game during the 2015 NRL season as he established a standout partnership alongside Cooper Cronk in the halves.

Today’s appointment is seen as another step forward for Green in Melbourne.

Deleting evidence of his attempted drug use has resulted in former Sydney Roosters prop Martin Kennedy being suspended until December 2017 under the NRL's anti-doping policy.

The NRL tribunal found Kennedy guilty of attempting to use four banned substances in the 2012 off-season: SARMS S22, growth hormone, chorionic gonadotrophin and insulin.

The penalty requires a mandatory two-year ban, but the tribunal threw the book at Kennedy, adding an extra nine months after discovering he had deliberately erased the contents of his phone.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-28/martin-kennedy-receives-long-nrl-ban-for-doping-offences/7121924?section=sport

Do we need a "Paul Rowley resigns..." thread? The Dewsbury, Batley, Leigh, Town, Barrow, General and TRL sections all have one and we don't want to be left out.

So where is he off to FD? HKR could sure use a shake up? It is a very strange time to resign and a high maintenance squad to drop on any coach,  Interesting situation I think.

Edited by RabbitRhinoovOZ

I strangely hope Rowley has resigned with a move to another club in mind and not for any less pleasant reason.

Lot of jealousy about when a club has success.

Maybe the shoe's on the other foot and Leigh have somebody significant lined up as coach and brought things to a head. 

All just speculation

The way our game is I'm sure the reasons for this will seep ou, if not sudden plop into view..

Do we need a "Paul Rowley resigns..." thread? The Dewsbury, Batley, Leigh, Town, Barrow, General and TRL sections all have one and we don't want to be left out.

We'd be off course on here, unless he's heading to Oz... for HKR,Champoinship teams maybe it's a supporting/developing role.

Nah...  I think we'd be straying from our brief... and you all know how painful that is! :-D

Newcastle have signed ­Parramatta prop Pauli Pauli for the next two seasons after he was released by the Eels in a bid to ease salary cap problems following the blue-and-gold signing of Michael Jennings.

And he may not be the only player to be exiting Parra­matta, with centre Ryan Morgan linked to a possible move to Melbourne Storm and Junior Paulo ­targeted by Canberra.

Right SuperCoach is UP AND RUNNING!!!!

THE league to join is 

TotalRLSCLeague16      THE Code is 324819

It is free to join.

It's on a first come first served basis.

Everyone who played last year is welcome as are newcomers.

Views, tables, problems, tips etc will be shared here on this thread.

It will be updated weekly during the season

You can sign up from this page CLICK HERE

Edited by G Las D

Tigers NRL Nines squad

1. Chris Lawrence
  2. Josh Addo-Carr
  3. Jack Buchanan
  4. Tyler Cassel
  5. Michael Chee-Kam
  6. Manaia Cherrington
  7. Josh Drinkwater
  8. Rod Griffin
  9. Watson Heleta
  10. Justin Hunt
  11. Lamar Liolevave
  12. Jack Littlejohn
  13. Kyle Lovett
  14. Nathan Milone
  15. Kevin Naiqama
  16. Ava Seumanufagai
  17. Tim Simona
  18. Sauaso Sue

2016 Canberra Raiders Auckland Nines Squad

1 Jordan  Rapana 2 Kato Ottio  3 Jarrod Croker © 4 Brenko  Lee 5 Sisa Waqa 6 Lachlan Croker 7 Sam Williams 8 Shannon Boyd 9 Kurt Baptiste 10 Paul Vaughan 11 Jason  Croker  12 Jarrad Kennedy 13 Luke Bateman 14 Thomas Cronan 15 Mitch Barnett  16 Jack  Williams 17 Zac Santo  18 Rhys Kennedy 

Some new faces there.

I guess it is a pretty speedy bunch too.