Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Roosters have temporarily moved to Newcastle and will play their next game, against the Knights, in Newcastle instead of the scheduled SCG. Probably get a better crowd.

Some possibility that Sydney may be declared a no-go zone by the other States due to Covid. No sign of any lockdowns in Sydney, mainly because all the recent cases have been traced. In most newly-confirmed patients, the new cases were people who lived with known cases, so no great surprises.

16 minutes ago, Graham said:

It’s being reported that Kurt Capewell (Panthers) is signing/is to sign for Broncos starting next season. Things moving there coinciding with Ikin’s arrival.

Listening to Kevvie lately it’s hard not to feel for him a bit , whatever his limitations . He barely knows what to say and is just completely peed off and fed up 

4 hours ago, DavidM said:

Listening to Kevvie lately it’s hard not to feel for him a bit , whatever his limitations . He barely knows what to say and is just completely peed off and fed up 

Gordon Tallis reckons he knows who the several Broncos players are who are the ones undermining the coach with their mutterings to the media. He has threatened to out them big time if they continue. He says showing them to be trouble makers big time will see them struggle to get another club given what they’ve done.

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart hinted he will swing the selection axe next week as he desperately tries to find some “energy” after his side missed a staggering 69 tackles against the Gold Coast Titans on Saturday.

The rot has set in Ricky. 

What a terrible slump in form at Raiders. The alarm bells have been ringing for some time now to the point they are deafening.

Next week Raiders play Manly who are in the sort of form to thrash any team who’s heart isn’t in the game.

Queensland forward Jai Arrow has been banned from next Wednesday night's State of Origin series finale after breaching the NRL's COVID-19 biosecurity protocols.

Arrow has also been fined $35,000, with the NRL alleging he "allowed an unregistered guest" into the Maroons' team hotel.

The Origin ban is part of a two-match suspension.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-08/queensland-jai-arrow-out-of-state-of-origin-for-covid-19-breach/100278680

The Sydney Morning Herald’s Michael Chammas reported the Eels, Bulldogs, Rabbitohs, Raiders and Warriors will be based on the Gold Coast.

Meanwhile the Panthers, Knights, Roosters and Sea Eagles will be on the Sunshine Coast, while the Dragons, Sharks and Tigers will train and live in Brisbane.

56 minutes ago, Graham said:

Amazing that the game can adapt at such short notice and great expense to keep running. Talk about going to great lengths (and distances). 

One of the advantages is that Covid has wrecked the tourism industry so finding hotel space for 400 people for a month at short notice would have been much easier than usual. Another thing that helps is Australia's obsession with sport which means there are heaps of second- and third-tier training venues available in any large city. I imagine they have also needed to do deals with local gyms for exclusive access along with coach services and various other services.

4 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Will Hopoate has reportedly signed a 2-year deal with St Helens.

If he's a replacement for Kevin Niquama he's a poor choice, I know they have been crying wolf over keeping player's but that's taking the p iss. Trying to do it on the cheap won't sit well with their fans who remember the likes of Meninga, Gidley, Lyon as centers signed from overseas or why not look to someone like Wardle who could do for them what Newlove did, they have plenty of players that the Giants would like who could be makeweights in a deal I should think.

FRIDAY, JULY 16

– Titans v Eels Cbus Super Stadium, 6pm

– Sea Eagles v Dragons Cbus Super Stadium, 8.05pm

SATURDAY, JULY 17

– Raiders v Sharks Cbus Super Stadium, 3pm

– Cowboys v Roosters QCB Stadium, 5.30pm

– Storm v Knights AAMI Park, 7.35pm

SUNDAY, JULY 18

– Warriors v Panthers Suncorp Stadium, 1.50pm

– Broncos v Tigers Suncorp Stadium, 4.05pm

– Rabbitohs v Bulldogs Cbus Super Stadium, 6.15pm

The NRL also confirmed each team’s training bases.

– Gold Coast (Bulldogs, Eels, Rabbitohs, Raiders, Warriors)

– Brisbane (Dragons, Sharks, Wests Tigers)

– Sunshine Coast (Knights, Panthers, Roosters, Sea Eagles)

18 hours ago, Clogiron said:

If he's a replacement for Kevin Niquama he's a poor choice, I know they have been crying wolf over keeping player's but that's taking the p iss. Trying to do it on the cheap won't sit well with their fans who remember the likes of Meninga, Gidley, Lyon as centers signed from overseas or why not look to someone like Wardle who could do for them what Newlove did, they have plenty of players that the Giants would like who could be makeweights in a deal I should think.

I agree he's very underwhelming, decidedly average. I bet he won't come cheap though, I think he'll be on a chunky contract, which makes it even worse. If he's the best they could get, I would have probably stuck with Naiqama

Another shuffle in this week's games. Storm have now moved to Qld and will play this week's "home" game at CBUS Stadium on the Gold Coast. That will be the second game of the double-header there with Raiders v Fish at 5:30 then Storm v Knights at 7:35